Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Justin B

One Too Many
Well, I managed to not hit on a single hat or suit yesterday. Rather disappointing really. I need a Strat in gray and I still haven't found my kitten finish...

*edit* UPS just arrived with the Hat racks I bought from Mathews wire though. Good stuff! Space for more hats!

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I don't know much about Penny's Marathon, but I picked this one up a couple of days ago off the bay. Hardly used at all. Everything looks pretty clean on this one. Has a 2 1/2 inch brim with a 5 1/2 inch crown. 1950s maybe?

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03763.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
thank you for your opinion, Because i'm in talks with a lady willing to sell me a 1950's open road stetson for 15-20 dollars, just sweatband finish is flaking, the stitching is still holding up strong. So i know these hats go for a lot more. I'm just hoping for a really good deal, since i'm using my birthday money.

I think it's so cute to hear a grown man say that he is using his "birthday money" to buy his hat.:D I smiled each time you mentioned that in your posts. It sounds so cute and innocent. lol.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it's so cute to hear a grown man say that he is using his "birthday money" to buy his hat.:D I smiled each time you mentioned that in your posts. It sounds so cute and innocent. lol.

Actually, cute is not exactly correct. You're missing the subtext for the man. Cute is how the husband wants it to appear. The subtext is, "honey, I didn't use the (vacation, rent, electricity, food, you fill in the blank) money for this new hat. It was my Birthday Money." It's a way to labeling the purchase as clean and free of all complications, which happens rarely enough in a married context.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I don't know much about Penny's Marathon, but I picked this one up a couple of days ago off the bay. Hardly used at all. Everything looks pretty clean on this one. Has a 2 1/2 inch brim with a 5 1/2 inch crown. 1950s maybe?

Very nice, Johnny J. :eusa_clap

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
That is a beautiful hat. If it's a 7 1/2 or larger (LOL) and you don't like it just toss it my way. I have a late 50's Penney's Marathon Supreme Felt that is as nice as any Stetson or Akubra I've ever handled. The upper end Marathons were very nice hats. I'd like to have a nice standard fedora to go with my larger brim fedora I have now. There was a very nice mint one in 7 1/2 that sold on Ebay yesterday. Did anyone here get it?

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03763.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
That is a beautiful hat. If it's a 7 1/2 or larger (LOL) and you don't like it just toss it my way. I have a late 50's Penney's Marathon Supreme Felt that is as nice as any Stetson or Akubra I've ever handled. The upper end Marathons were very nice hats. I'd like to have a nice standard fedora to go with my larger brim fedora I have now. There was a very nice mint one in 7 1/2 that sold on Ebay yesterday. Did anyone here get it?

Thanks Terry! This hat is a 7 1/4. I usually wear a 7 3/8, but this one fits perfectly! Sorry. :(

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
MK has had a few nice ones in the 'Bay recently. I must say that I do find it a trifle odd that anyone would sell one of Art's hats if it was made specifically for them. I suppose some folks take a more practical approach to things than I do, and if it's not getting worn then off it goes! I'm not good at that. :eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe