Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Lefty and Alan. I'd not seen many Borsalino's in my size since I'd been looking around so I wasn't expecting to get a bargain price.
I'm hoping the style works out too -if not, I'm sure I will be able to re-sell it for a similar amount.

Charlie Huang

Practically Family
Got this chapeau bras (worn with court dress) from eBay for £125:

180095_10150090274567063_688147062_6873104_3305418_n.jpg

Belonged to this guy (he's carrying the hat under his arm):

184807_10150090571572063_688147062_6876627_8097426_n.jpg

Geoffrey Bird, High Sheriff of Warwickshire, 1931.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Surprisingly, that's not a typo for "original", but for something else. That particular OR was one of those made by Akubra under license, and came in a special box - one that you can't lose, because it always comes back to you.
aboriginals.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Super, Alan! It will be interesting to compare these Fortys to your exquisite Twenty. They look fabulous even from the lackluster listing photos.

The twenty was on my mind as I bid on this pair. I was a little surprised it didn't generate more interest... maybe too much gray in a very gray period of the year. I asked the seller to look for moth damage - he seemed familiar with the issue and said the hats were clean of moth damage, just a few dirt smudges.

So we'll see...

blixa00

One of the Regulars
If they had only been a couple of sizes larger (say 7 1/4) I would have placed a SERIOUS bid and given you a run for your $$$...since they were too small to stretch without ruining them I only put in a couple of "hack" bids just in case nobody was watching! Congratulations!

Yes, I forget that sevens are small for most loungers. My Knox twenty is a generous seven - hoping these are as well. I measure 22 1/8 - right in the middle between sizes. Thanks for not bidding me out into deeper water!

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No Dan, different auction. I avoided the one last week for that very reason. This hat was clearly tagged 7 1/2.

The one I'm talking about didn't list a size, and answers to questions were that he thought it was a 7, but he didn't seem to really know, so I was hoping it was a 7 1/8. It sat at $10 for days, then finished at $64, one dollar above my final bid. Little did the winner know that he was bidding against the Professional Auction Loser, and he was bound to win by persisting a little bit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe