Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I got the Panama. This one is a bit more of a gamble, with the sweatband's condition being somewhat dubious and the size information leaving room for doubts about fit.
The size issue was the only drawback for any bidding from my household on that panama. Lucky you if it fits you well, it looks like it may be a fairly nice hat.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I got the Panama. This one is a bit more of a gamble, with the sweatband's condition being somewhat dubious and the size information leaving room for doubts about fit.

looks nice from the listing!

Wow. Before heading out tonight, I placed a low snipe for this one, not expecting to win. To my surprise, when I got home, I discovered I'd won the auction (at my max bid!). Then, I noticed why it must've gotten under many folks radar. It was what appears to be unworn, described as a "Whppet" (listing it as "wool" probably didn't help their case either). Gotta love when they misspell the description (twice in this case!). Reminds me of several of the vintage "Gillete" and "Gilette" razors I bought cheap because people didn't think to search on the common misspellings.

My last Whippet was in rather mediocre shape, this one appears as new!

It looks beautiful, TRick! That was on my radar too, but I knew it would surpass anything I'd be willing to pay at this time. Glad you got it!

This one ended at roughly the same time and I wanted to bid on it so badly, but restrained myself out of the fact that I already have two black homburgs. Great deal-- anyone here win it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350533192590?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_640wt_931

I picked up this "J. HÜCKEL s SÖHNE K. u. K. Hof-Hutfabrikanten 1799 - 1909 Neutitschein - Wien" 110 year anniversary booklet.

6910770641_98c03ec539_o.jpg

6910770593_8a7dfbd4ed_o.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
looks nice from the listing!

It looks beautiful, TRick! That was on my radar too, but I knew it would surpass anything I'd be willing to pay at this time. Glad you got it!

This one ended at roughly the same time and I wanted to bid on it so badly, but restrained myself out of the fact that I already have two black homburgs. Great deal-- anyone here win it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350533192590?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_640wt_931

That St. Regis was a great deal (they often are), and I'd watched it. Actually not in a position to be buying much right now, but could not resist on the Whippet (plus I thought it would go over $200 as I missed the spelling error). Besides, I already have a black and a brown St. Regis, though at least one feels a bit smaller than the indicated 7 1/8.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Glad you got the Whippet, TRick - looks like a nice one and the colour is great.

I'd actually set up a snipe that would have given you a run for your money, but I deleted it before the auction ended.

buler

I'll Lock Up
First time for everything. Was just doing a payment for an item I just won and the seller requires you to enter a phone number. Didn't really appreciate that one. Have a lot of you encountered this when checking out?

B

randooch

I'll Lock Up
First time for everything. Was just doing a payment for an item I just won and the seller requires you to enter a phone number. Didn't really appreciate that one. Have a lot of you encountered this when checking out?

B
Wow, invasion of privacy creeps forward yet again. That's a new one for me.

Another gripe: I changed my default payment method from Paypal to charge card today (may as well get the frequent flier miles), paid my monthly balance, and later noticed a bank charge of $1.00 from Ebay. The price of rejecting the Ebay/Paypal collusion, I guess.

Mystic

Practically Family

B

Did you require the seller to give you their phone number when selling you an item?

Here's a number for you.....555-2555....it works for the movies.....use any area code you like.

T Rick

Practically Family

B
A few days ago, for the first time. A bit upset that it wasn't disclosed in the auction before I bid, as I had little recourse if I chose not to give a number once I'd won the auction. I suppose I could have refused the transaction, but I wonder how long it would have taken or if I could have gotten rid of the subsequent negative feedback (doubt it). I also wonder if eBay would have ruled in my favor eventually (again, I doubt it).

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
A few days ago, for the first time. A bit upset that it wasn't disclosed in the auction before I bid, as I had little recourse if I chose not to give a number once I'd won the auction. I suppose I could have refused the transaction, but I wonder how long it would have taken or if I could have gotten rid of the subsequent negative feedback (doubt it). I also wonder if eBay would have ruled in my favor eventually (again, I doubt it).

Wow, that is not very nice that anyone would "require" a phone number from you! Personally, I would think if a seller was wanting to make sure you got your goods, I could see them offering that level of contact, but to ask a buyer for that is just not right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82