Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

TipTop

Practically Family
Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Ok I have an ebay gripe and want opinions. I sold my Stetson Gun club on there Monday night and the guy still hasn't paid. How long do you guys usually wait to contact the buyer and then file an unpaid item claim?

TipTop

Practically Family
Ok How long do you guys usually wait to contact the buyer and then file an unpaid item claim?

NO CONTACT is certainly actionable in 3 days and NO PAYMENT in 5-7 thereafter, depending on weekend. I would send him a polite follow-up note immediately; if no response, begin action next Tuesday.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Ok I have an ebay gripe and want opinions. I sold my Stetson Gun club on there Monday night and the guy still hasn't paid. How long do you guys usually wait to contact the buyer and then file an unpaid item claim?

Policy is very clear on this point. Contact eBay and they will tell you when and how to proceed.

lol Alan, it took me about three straight minutes of looking at the listing to get that one. Ok, a misspelling, and then some stuff about initials and... oooohhhhh.

Sorry for the silly reply... an interesting lot of hats hidden in obscure photos... clearly a number of folks did their homework on these. Look forward to seeing some of them.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for the silly reply... an interesting lot of hats hidden in obscure photos... clearly a number of folks did their homework on these. Look forward to seeing some of them.

Some poor listings but interesting hats from a semi-famous Anthropologist. We don't often see these Puppy fur felts or Steer felt(2nd hat) either.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Knox 5.5" x 2 3/4"

I got this beater some time ago from ebay, as a project hat. It will get a thorough cleaning, then stretching and brim-cutting down to 2 3/8", thereby removing the two heavy moth bites.

The felt seems to be of mediocre quality. The brim is fairly soft; the crown, however, is a little stiffer as if a previous owner had worn it in a downpour and then steamed the hell out of it, activating the stiffener as much as possible.
The brim treatment is what has been referred to as a poor man's cav edge (see pics): it's an underwelt which is not sewn through, with the tension of the stitching row imitating a cav edge (on the top side).
The liner is a nice silky fabric without any protecting layer or remnants thereof.
The reeded sweatband is 2" wide.

I wonder if someone might have a date guess? My guess is early 40s.

P1050377.jpg

P1050378.jpg

P1050383.jpg

P1050381.jpg

P1050380.jpg

P1050384.jpg

P1050389.jpg

P1050390.jpg

P1050376.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family

And living in what was originally "Beverwyck"--the Dutch patroonship established on the Hudson, now Albany, NY, under the Patroon (feudal) system owned and operated by the Dutch VanRensselaer family beginning in about 1630, to trade in beaver pelts, I can tell you that the "Berwick" street side of the factory, is likely an Anglicized contraction of the Dutch beaverwyck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82