Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I'd even give then $500. But that is about it.

At least it's your size; you'd be able to wear it if you wanted to! ;)

I have no idea how one would go about putting a price on the value of that hat. The fact that it's an ermine/beaver and possibly the only one left in itself would make it worth a bundle to the right person. Add the historic value (however much that is) and it probably is worth quite a bit. Unfortunately for that seller, most of us who can appreciate that hat for what it is are probably here, and we're more interested in hats that we can A. afford (or justify to ourselves buying), and B. wear. If I'd won the lottery I'd make a decent offer on it just to check it out. Since I haven't won anything I'll just agree with Marc and hope that the seller's luck is good.

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
At least it's your size; you'd be able to wear it if you wanted to! ;)

I have no idea how one would go about putting a price on the value of that hat. The fact that it's an ermine/beaver and possibly the only one left in itself would make it worth a bundle to the right person. Add the historic value (however much that is) and it probably is worth quite a bit. Unfortunately for that seller, most of us who can appreciate that hat for what it is are probably here, and we're more interested in hats that we can A. afford (or justify to ourselves buying), and B. wear. If I'd won the lottery I'd make a decent offer on it just to check it out. Since I haven't won anything I'll just agree with Marc and hope that the seller's luck is good.

Cheers,
Tom

It would be really interesting to see what it would bring with no start price and no reserve. Although its not the best example because its a 6 7/8 and it has quite a bit of spotting/staining on the felt. On the other hand, its the only one we've ever seen.

B

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I keep thinking the same thing about not getting any more, but I do. I have so many old hats (not old as in vintage, just ones I do not want taking up space) and the need to get rid of them, and yet I am still obtaining hats.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That's how I felt when I bought a hat that was previous to my last hat.
Not to say how it is for anyone else, but I fear that it may be linked to what some call, going through a second childhood! I find myself looking for hats, thinking of where a rare find may be, and then, I see what everyone else seems to be lucky in finding and wonder, who has all these hat magnet compasses that keep bringing them such fantastic hats at such decent prices?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe