Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I also passed. I do like it, though. I only passed because I have just gotten about 5 new hats over the last week so I decided to let that one go.

Glad a lounger got it, though.

You have gotten some really nice hats lately, HE. Well I want to thank all the size 7's for letting this one go. :yo:

I picked up this old black German / Austrian Velour hat. I think it could go back to the 1920s maybe earlier. It has a very tall crown with very heavy weight felt. Very poor photos but I think this one will turn out to be very interesting.

6141773730_eac4692a1c_o.jpg

6141773760_37f50a43dc_o.jpg

6141773818_5f23a6b46b_o.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
You're welcome Josh. ;)

I'm still waiting on my new hat racks to come in to see how much space I have for new hats.

What kind of hat racks are you getting? I'm trying to make a hat display case. I have to find the right display case first, then I'm going to try and replicate a vintage hat store display. I figured if I can find a vintage china cabinet, curio cabinet, etc with full sliding glass doors, I can take the shelfs out and put sets of two parallel poles to hold the hats.

Oh by the way, according to USPS, my Resistol Stagecoach came today, so as soon as I get the ribbon off the hat, your box of goodies are going to be on the way.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this old black German / Austrian Velour hat. I think it could go back to the 1920s maybe earlier. It has a very tall crown with very heavy weight felt. Very poor photos but I think this one will turn out to be very interesting.

6141773730_eac4692a1c_o.jpg

Thats really cool! I'm very excited to see the hat when you have steamed and creased it. It looks to be very high quality velour.

Justin B

One Too Many
What kind of hat racks are you getting? I'm trying to make a hat display case. I have to find the right display case first, then I'm going to try and replicate a vintage hat store display. I figured if I can find a vintage china cabinet, curio cabinet, etc with full sliding glass doors, I can take the shelfs out and put sets of two parallel poles to hold the hats.

Oh by the way, according to USPS, my Resistol Stagecoach came today, so as soon as I get the ribbon off the hat, your box of goodies are going to be on the way.

Bought some of the wire wall mount ones off the 'bay. I was thinking about getting a barrister book case to display some of my less worn lids though just so i don't have to dust them as often.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Bought some of the wire wall mount ones off the 'bay. I was thinking about getting a barrister book case to display some of my less worn lids though just so i don't have to dust them as often.

That would be a good idea. That's why I'm trying to find an actual glass cabinet to put the hats in. Otherwise they get dusty all the time. When everything is set up, you should post pics of your setup in the "How do you display your hats" thread. I always love getting ideas for displaying hats. I'm trying to go after something like Art has in his shop.

Very interesting hat... looking forward to your pictures, Steve. These look like they were taken during a snowstorm.

Iyor

One of the Regulars
MW, Those velours you have are awesome. That one looks kinda small, I cant wait to hear about it once you get your hands on it

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ah...how embarrasing! My "neophyte" is showing lol. Thanks for the correction, guys. I have much to learn :D.

EDIT: After some preliminary searching, I have a question for our more knowledgable members.

Did Champ have a line of Royal Diplomats? The logo on the ebay hat (I deleted my post for some reason, but Zetwal's quote of my post contains the link) I won depicts a shield with a lion on the left, unicorn on the right. After going through some past threads in the Advanced Search, I found several other hats, all Champs, with this exact same logo.

So, do I have a Champ Royal Diplomat?

Here's Thunderw21's vintage Royal Diplomat. Looks nicer and has a wider brim, not to mention the colorful logo, but the design is the same.

This pic shows the true color.
Champ004.jpg

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Alright fellow size 7 wearers...everyone ready for the fights? Remember, keep it above the waist and no gloating after winning.

Yup, those of you who will not be duking it out in the 7 wieght class sit back and watch the fireworks...someone is about to spend some money.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Ah...how embarrasing! My "neophyte" is showing lol. Thanks for the correction, guys. I have much to learn :D.

No worries ... those things happen. And we are all learning to decipher the clues. Hopefully, the hat will fit and you will like it just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe