Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Large French Poster

!C!O1yN!!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!jgEzrtDqfF0BNCJ(+!iRw~~_12.JPG

was relisted a few times.

Last edited:

Saint-Just

One of the Regulars
Not mine.

I was watching this one for a week, and forgot to throw in a bid before I left for out of town this weekend.

With no photo of the affected area and a sales pitch like this "...only four tiny moth nips on the bottom of the brim that do not go through and are very minor, probably could be sanded out..."
My instinct would have been to steer well clear...

HatsEnough

Banned
Two newer acquisitions...

A Dobbs "Game Bird." It is a bit furry finish and the interesting green stripped ribbon that has a thin metal band around the knot. It has a 2-3/4 inch brim.

dobbsbrowngreenribbon01.jpg

dobbsbrowngreenribbon03.jpg

dobbsbrowngreenribbon06.jpg

Also a Stetson Premier with a foil size tag. 2-5/8 brim. Wafer edge brim with three lines of stitching.

stetsonpremier01.jpg

stetsonpremier03.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Check out the size tag link in my sig. There are old, American foil tags and the much longer lasting Canada foil tags. It's one of the several factors that makes dating the Canada made hats more difficult. Another sure-fire indication of a Canada hat is the Aquanized mark - an umbrella with rain falling on it - a feature exclusive to the ones made in Canada, though certainly not included on all the Canada Stetsons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe