Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Finally won a Blue Adam Homburg, not sure on the sizing though, so it may turn out too large!
!B9rJUdwEWk~$(KGrHqR,!iIEzNHnqRU)BM6cu6uJzw~~_35.JPG

Great to see you found a blue Adam Homburg! I sure hope the sizing works out.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NOoooooo!

At least, I was planning on trying a $250 plus bid on that Vita Felt, been looking for another nice one to join the others I have.

I sent them both messages about how they lost out on a lot of extra $$$.

B

shhhhhhhh You guys are disturbing the delicate & vulnerable niche of we bottom feeders, the metaphorical carp & catfish, of the ebaycosystem. :eusa_booh

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. According to this article, Akubra signed a licensing agreement with Stetson in 1951.

You have a good eye, Lefty -- the "Open Road" script on the green OR is highly reminiscent of the OR script on the original circa 1937 version:

All things considered, I am guessing 50's on the green OR.

Wow! A Koober that even Lefty can love! :D

thebroker

One of the Regulars
Pardon the shameless self-promotion, but I just listed my beautiful black Open Road on eBay. It's a little more than a size too big (it's a 7 5/8, and I'm between a 7 3/8 and 7 1/2), and with my thinning hair, the situation just ain't gettin' any better! :) It is the only black OR I've ever seen, and I love it, but it isn't of much use to me if I can't wear it! I hope it finds a good home, preferably with a Lounger!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Thanks Everybody! That pic was taken on Thanksgiving Eve around 2 in the morning. I had been up all night packing to head to Milwaukee and my cat wouldn't stop jumping on me so I was pretty cranky when I snapped this picture.:D

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...%2FKU9c%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I don't think I posted this in this thread after I won it. Can you believe that I got this 1930s tilt hat, one of my favorite styles after the cloche, for just 25 bucks? No one else bid on it. Can you all believe that? This hat is so unique because of the braided ribbon running across the hat. I have received it and I might just take a pic and post it. It really looks good in person and you can hardly notice the slight flaws that were mentioned in the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...%2FKU9c%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I don't think I posted this in this thread after I won it. Can you believe that I got this 1930s tilt hat, one of my favorite styles after the cloche, for just 25 bucks? No one else bid on it. Can you all believe that? This hat is so unique because of the braided ribbon running across the hat. I have received it and I might just take a pic and post it. It really looks good in person and you can hardly notice the slight flaws that were mentioned in the listing.

Amazing work on that hat.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe