Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
That's a pretty 100, too. I saw that one as it was moving along. Way to big for my little size 7 head, though. Outta my price range too just before Christmas.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I just got a Stetson Rancher in the mail today that I won on ebay for $13. I am pleasantly surprised with it. I only paid $13 for it and meant to tear it down and do some things to it. But once it got here I realized I'd better leave it alone. Turns out it is a Stetson 25 from the 1960s, not just a cheapie Stetson 3X or something. Very supple felt. Of course, I am a bit annoyed now, too, because now I have to get another open roadie-style hat to play with like I wanted to.

!B8%2804D!!2k~$%28KGrHqN,!isEzMyWVEhUBM21SgWS%29Q~~0_3.JPG

I just got a Stetson Rancher in the mail today that I won on ebay for $13. I am pleasantly surprised with it. I only paid $13 for it and meant to tear it down and do some things to it. But once it got here I realized I'd better leave it alone. Turns out it is a Stetson 25 from the 1960s, not just a cheapie Stetson 3X or something. Very supple felt. Of course, I am a bit annoyed now, too, because now I have to get another open roadie-style hat to play with like I wanted to.

!B8%2804D!!2k~$%28KGrHqN,!isEzMyWVEhUBM21SgWS%29Q~~0_3.JPG

Nice catch, MV, especially for the price!

Congratulations, Steve! Very rare one, indeed. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dieter, Not mine (wish it was). I believe Robert won it.

Thats a beauty. Im getting into the shape of a nice homburg. Love the color, overall, and especially the matching ribbon.

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting a look at this one. It appears to be a special edition and in fine condition. The hat store that originally sold it had a direct relationship with Mayser.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Finally scored one of these for a reasonable price. You can actually hang 13 hats on it (with some brims overlaying each other). They turn up on ebay once in a while. All of them I've seen are made out of walnut and are the same dimensions.

B

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

I was in Steinhafels (Wisconsin furniture store) yesterday and there were reproductions of this hat rack available. They seemed to be pretty well made (not like antique walnut). You may want to check at your local stores. Also found at least one online source here: HatRack

B

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I was in Steinhafels (Wisconsin furniture store) yesterday and there were reproductions of this hat rack available. They seemed to be pretty well made (not like antique walnut). You may want to check at your local stores. Also found at least one online source here: HatRack

B

The pegs on the reproduction seem to be significantly shorter than the one posted by buler. I dont know if fedoras would stay on it, those little womens' (not the novel) hats not withstanding.

buler

I'll Lock Up
The pegs on the reproduction seem to be significantly shorter than the one posted by buler. I dont know if fedoras would stay on it, those little womens' (not the novel) hats not withstanding.

Scottyrocks, your right that the pegs look pretty short in the one I found online. The racks that were in the store were actually long enough to use for hats. Not sure if the online one is the exact same one from the store or not. The dimensions of the store one were very close if not identical to my antique one.

B

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That certainly is an odd one. I'm guessing that it falls somewhere between Douglas' wide ribbon and the OR that we've all come to know. That sweat makes me think 30s, but the liner makes me think it's 40s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe