Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
Mallory Aircool
with crazy stitching.
eea7_1.JPG
f00f_1.JPG
Lefty...does that aircool feature work?[huh]

Levallois

Practically Family
carter said:
Levallois, That Stetson is very nice. You should enjoy this one. Just don't shoot it. ;) :)

I'd never dream of it, pal - unless someone pulled a gat on me. Then I'd get my chopper and everyone gets it, including the hat.:p

ImperialStetson005.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Lefty...does that aircool feature work?[huh]

I didn't win those, I was just watching them out of interest. To answer your question, I don't know. None of my hats have any kind of vents, but I believe that we've got a pretty decent thread on the subject where members have concluded that the holes don't do much.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
ET said:
The stitching kept me from bidding on the Mallory Aircool- It doesn't look right to me. Maybe I'm a purist...

I agree. Not to disparage anypne who loves the stitching but I would have to wear a cowboy suit with fringed gloves and a pair of pop gun revolvers in order to feel proper with that hat.........

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Suitedcboy, you mean this isn't your look?
DEALERS%20LEATHER%202%20017.jpg

Then you probably wouldn't want James Powers' Stetson Privateer
Stetson-Privateer1.jpg

or Technonut's Dobbs Gay Prince
PicsHPFL030.jpg

suitedcboy

One Too Many
No on the jacket.
Both of those hats are nice as unique examples but not for me. I can see their place as a casual headwear.
I like Hombergs but when I try one and look in the mirror it is not for me.

A bound edge is great as is a raw edge for my wear.

carter

I'll Lock Up
AARGH !!!

:eusa_doh: That just makes me CRAZY :rage:. I've been looking for a 7 5/8 Boater and just stopped searching because I thought I'd never find one. What is this? The second one in two weeks? :eusa_doh:

I contacted both the seller and the buyer just in case this sale doesn't work out for one of them.
[huh]

Levallois

Practically Family
Pith helmet

Older pith helmet made in England.

DSC00057.jpg

Along with a ca. 1899 Westley Richards marked Conehammer and a pair of leather Stohwasser leggings and swagger stick - all good Boer War kit - young Winston would have been proud.

John

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I thought it was Douglas, no? I know that's not his size, but I don't think that's ever stopped him from picking up a hat he likes if he can get it for so little.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Levallois said:
Older pith helmet made in England.
Along with a ca. 1899 Westley Richards marked Conehammer and a pair of leather Stohwasser leggings and swagger stick - all good Boer War kit - young Winston would have been proud.
John

I don't know anything about those items, but they certainly look cool.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Lefty said:
I thought it was Douglas, no? I know that's not his size, but I don't think that's ever stopped him from picking up a hat he likes if he can get it for so little.

No- his is hasso, or something like that.

Levallois

Practically Family
Lefty,

Thanks for responding - I had to get the pith helmet. But the real question is exactly where am I going to wear one?

John

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Huh. Well, there's another Douglas who's into hats and mostly buys 7 1/4, I guess. I had watched that straw, but somehow missed the Special - which is pretty special.

Levallois, some of the Adventure Gear guys like their piths, but I just can't see wearing one.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Searching the completed auctions for that Special, I noticed another one that I missed - another Special, bantam weight, 7 1/4, and from the same store, sold by the same ebay seller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe