Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

buler

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
This is a fantastic hat man!!!! It kind off has the same dimensions as the WeekEnder. It even has the semi perforated vents on the sides. I like it !!! May I have one one or two .....Please.

Thanks Douglas. Next time I go back in the Delorean I'll see if there is room for one or two more...

I wish the color turned out better in the pics. Its a lot darker blue/grey. When I first opened the box I thought it was almost purple.

B

RBH

Bartender
buler said:
Ok, its not from ebay, but I couldn't resist posting it as a reply to Lefty's comment. Now we've seen a Shore Club.

B

shoreclub1.jpg

shoreclub2.jpg

shoreclub3.jpg

shoreclub4.jpg

shoreclub5.jpg

shoreclub6.jpg

shoreclub7.jpg

shoreclub8.jpg

WOW buddy!! That is one sweet hat!!! I LOVE IT!!!
You will have to remember to bring that one to Texas!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Ok, its not from ebay, but I couldn't resist posting it as a reply to Lefty's comment. Now we've seen a Shore Club.

B
Man, that is one incredible hat. I love that Zephyr felt.
Very nice brim stitching, too.

Plus it appears to repel JtL's drool.

danofarlington

The Lark said:
Somebody just outbid me for a nice gray vintage Trimble with a 2 3/4 brim.
I bet it was one of you!

*points finger accusingly*
My question will reveal the depths of my ignorance. What exactly do you folks type into EBay or into Google to see all the interesting vintage hats you're writing about? I have used Google to look up Stetson hats on EBay, and Borsalino hats on EBay, but seeing the full range of makes including Trimble somehow eludes me. If you just type in vintage men's hats, there are thousands, no? So you just wade through all of it? I might have been delighted to bid against you on the Trimble, it having a 2 3/4 brim, if I'd seen it.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
danofarlington said:
My question will reveal the depths of my ignorance. What exactly do you folks type into EBay or into Google to see all the interesting vintage hats you're writing about? I have used Google to look up Stetson hats on EBay, and Borsalino hats on EBay, but seeing the full range of makes including Trimble somehow eludes me. If you just type in vintage men's hats, there are thousands, no? So you just wade through all of it? I might have been delighted to bid against you on the Trimble, it having a 2 3/4 brim, if I'd seen it.

Its just like fishing, sometimes you gotta but on your hip waders to grab something...sometimes it all depends on the bait! Sometimes you sit on the warf with your hook in the water and it can take hours to land one. Patience and persistence is the key to the whole game. If you invest the time, your returns will be great.

Speaking of great returns, I spotted this one from a finished auction link, a day before it ended..needless to say I could not trow this one back..
WOW!

barrowjh

One Too Many
for danofarlington

Home > Buy > Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Vintage > Vintage Accessories > Men's Hats

That is your first clue - searching in the areas where vintage hats are supposed to be, but they are not all there - some are in the regular category of men's accessories instead of being down the above 'vintage' path.

You can experiment with searches to look for your size, and I add some exclusions, like cap, mlb, baseball, trucker, etc. to weed out some of the garbage that shows up. When you get a search string that is working ok for you, then save it for re-use.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
That was a good score there---especially if it really is a 7 1/2. :eusa_clap
The sweatband measurements are spot on 7 1/2 so I am really hopeing! I have not sceen many topper in 7 1/2 and I get a sweet peice of luggage to boot! I am really looking forward to this one!:)

feltfan

saucerfiend said:
Just won this on Ebay. Again, I'm new at this, so I'd appreciate any advice as to how well I did or not. Also, if someone could date this hat, it would be great.http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-40s-STE...Men_s_Women_s_Accessories&hash=item414fb886cd

Brian
I have one just like it (okay, the ribbon is a different color).

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=167588&postcount=15

It's an excellent hat. Really very nice. And the Hand Felted Edge
is both attractive and rare. Yours appears to be in new condition, too.
If I had to guess date I'd say late 40s. But that is just a guess.
Someone may be able to look up the Hand Felted patent, if it is
separate from the Cavanagh Edge patent, for a more precise date.

The price is more than fair, but for size 7 hats you should be able to
do better. Still, since you probably won't see this hat in this condition
again, you did great.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Looking forward to seeing more of that one, too. Post-1936, and looks like it doesn't have edge binding. So far, three Cavanaghs from that same period have turned up with those sweatband badges instead of bows, and they've all been Homburgs. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Great win at a great price!

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe