Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:
DSCN5009.jpg

My other "Royal" has a Mode edge, is a Zephyr weight but the sweat is folded over at the felt. It also has the same liner (different color though) and sweat adjustable ribbon as well. It was sold for $10 at the time. I think that the name "Royal" was the hat model.

That is a GORGEOUS hat! :eusa_clap

Very classic bow as well - I love it. I think your explanation that 'Royal' is the model, is the best yet - perhaps they started off using 'Royal' as a model name, then changed it to a marketing designation shortly thereafter.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
boushi_mania said:
I just purchased this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220584432072

Looks to be in fine condition (not unworn, but fairly well cared-for), and good for the upcoming Japanese summer. I have no clue as to the age. I took a chance with the "Best Offer" feature, and the seller knocked off £10 (about $15 US), which covers shipping to Japan. Seller was an all-around class act, responding promptly to my questions and adding tons of pictures at my behest, and even pointing out a tiny flaw in the brim binding that came to their attention in the process.

The only problem is, the ash cloud over Europe means I may not be seeing this hat in person for a while...

Planes are in the air, again!

Great Dunn! Lucky you! Please post pictures donning it in Japan and a report on peoples reactions!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
That is a GORGEOUS hat! :eusa_clap

Very classic bow as well - I love it. I think your explanation that 'Royal' is the model, is the best yet - perhaps they started off using 'Royal' as a model name, then changed it to a marketing designation shortly thereafter.

I agree about the model name then marketing the designation. The felt is much finer and thinner but equally as dense as the later Royal Stetsons or even the De Luxes.

August Strauss, Apolda Fur Hat Case

I won this August Strauss, Apolda fur hat case. Thought I could use it for some of my felt hats. Also really like the bear painting on the outer lid. :)

4546023664_23b071cfeb_o.gif

4546023718_f4f0ba44d0_o.gif

4545390119_f4f1b9ab4b_o.gif

blixa00

One of the Regulars
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250615556572&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140398647082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I picked these two up recently on Ebay...I'm really loving the Knox 20! It is actually closer to a 7 1/8 and will require just a little stretching to be a perfect fit! The Resistol looks like a nice OR stand in for a fraction of the price of a 7 3/8 OR!! Just goes to show that you never know what you will find in the bay!!!!!;)

blixa00

One of the Regulars
Tell me about it!! Both of those Knox hats looked really sweet, if I hadn't just sent all my extra $$$ to Uncle Sam...:eusa_doh:
It was tough not bidding on at least one of those hats...looked like they were in superb shape too!! I hope a fellow member picked at least one of those up!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe