Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Salty O'Rourke said:
4350072142_de6a38824e.jpg

Doing very well there, Salty! A great win and it looks mighty on you! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

And with your early- to mid-50's guess you'll be most probably on the save side.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
I think that $500+ is still way less, relatively, than paying $100 for the hat when it was new.
Actually its close to the same price if you use the inflation calculator based on CPI of the later half of the 1960's and its not new any more.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Should have gotten that one, Mario! It's from the mid 1930s, when the 'Vagabond' style first came out. Here's another one, in action:

AtnSept09033.jpg

Marc, you can believe me: it pained my heart to let that one go, but somehow I just have to balance my budget, and there are some other things on my agenda for now (so to speak). I watched the last minutes of the auction and even though I didn't bid I still broke into a cold sweat during the last few seconds. When I realized what the final bid was I just couldn't believe it. I'd have estimated that one to go much higher. [huh]

Well...next time around! ;)

BTW: That Vagabond of yours is a killer! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jeffconnors

A-List Customer

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:

great%20buck%20howard.jpg

...I see a dry cleaner tag behind the sweatband logo on that Knox Twenty

cookie

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
I'm sure the purchaser of the $520 one will be thrilled, and Jimmy got a fantastic deal, but...isn't the most recent one from the '60s? and jtl's is 1950's? Wasn't there a diminishment in Stetson felt quality over that timeframe?

dimunition....

Artie

Suspended
My first fedora and the one that is still my daily hat is an Adams, it's a good working class hat. I really have a soft spot for them, what year do you think this one is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken