Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

theinterchange

One Too Many
Chinaski said:
Not me - but even though it's a narrower brim than I prefer it's a great looking lid. Sorry you were outbid.

I didn't have enough time to get in my bid, I think there was under 20 seconds left.

It's narrower than I normally prefer, too. But, have been wanting a stingy to balance out my wider brims. That would have been a nice one. [huh] Next time, next time! :)

Randy

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
I won a lot of three for the gray hat pictured below. It also came with a nice (but small) black fedora from the same time period, and a '60s dobbs.

p3020019_1264969473.jpg

p3020005_1264971560.jpg

p3020001_1264971569.jpg

p3020003_1264971564.jpg

What a couple of beauties!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin, if that were a 7 1/4, you'd have had more competition.

What about this beauty I watched with great interest? I hope someone here snagged it. I WOULD have bid on it if I could have at this moment justified the price I knew it'd go to.

eBayISAPI.dll

Randy

carouselvic said:
Somebody really wanted a stingier brimmed, fedora looking Dobbs OR clone that a 3X wide brimmed, western looking actual Open Road?
I think the high starting bid scared off bidders of the Stetson, which would've sold for more that price or more had it not. JMHO...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Deceptive marketing seems to have been in hats as much as anything else, with Stephen Stetson (prior to the disclaimer) and the various perversions of Borsalino. This is the first time I've seen this one.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here

theinterchange

One Too Many
feltfan said:
Really interesting hat, Randy. Congrats.
I have two Bee (felt) hats and they are good, solid hats.
That one is a really interesting take on the cotton hat.
I wonder if one can machine wash it and then form it like that again?

Thanks, I've always wanted a cotton hat, but I bought that thanks to wanting the "Hank Kimball" Look. It appears to have a removable band/ribbon, so it fits the look. http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=34681

randy

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chinaski said:
Mr. P, I can't wait to see that in the new hats thread. I'll wager it's some really nice felt. Nice snag!

I got notice yesterday that it shipped so it shouldn't be too long.....:D

It seems like a really nice specimen from the write-up and the photos from e-Bay.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/05/!BlF8If!!2k~$(KGrHqYH-D4Es+yzWvBoBL,Neqbm!Q~~_12.JPG

We'll see just how beat up it is.

I'm holding my nose shut. Nice felt for a refurb or for a river runner so to speak.

That pork pie is singing a song to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21