Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
Scott, you think this one is pre 1930's?

Yes I do. The only difference in the interior that I see between yours and mine is the ribbon woven through the sweat, and yours still has the bow at the back of the sweatband.

Very nice hat, and looking forward to seeing your brushed-up version.

Edited to add: Okay, re-looking at the pics of yours - mine has the curled ridge at the top of the sweatband, but yours appears to be flat. We'll have to see when you receive it.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Fifteen

Picked up a nice Mallory Fifteen off the bay last week. Got it yesterday. Really liked the clay/brown color combo. More in the Mallory Mile thread.

B

fifteen_1.jpg
[/IMG]

fifteen_2.jpg
[/IMG]

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Blue plush Stetson Sovereign

got home today from doing the rounds of the local hat stores and only my girl friend got a new hat. Found this was waiting on the front porch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250557475781&_trksid=p2759.l1259

The pictures do not do this justice. If it wasn't for some rubbing on the sweatband I'd swear this hat had never been worn. Original box is old enough that there is no post mark on the label.
I'm currently fighting the brim trying to get it to stay down, it snaps back up in about 30 seconds
Now to pull the feathers from the band and give it a good brushing.

BlueStetsonprofile.jpg

BlueStetsonstetsonlogononsweat2.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Picked up a nice Mallory Fifteen off the bay last week. Got it yesterday. Really liked the clay/brown color combo. More in the Mallory Mile thread.

B

fifteen_2.jpg
[/IMG]

Great colors for sure; I like the bow interest and it looks like the crease/snap is just right.

High Pockets

Practically Family
I'm just learning about Montecristi's so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut,...but I can't wait to hear what a couple of our members "in the know" have to say about THAT deal!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
High Pockets said:
I'm just learning about Montecristi's so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut,...but I can't wait to hear what a couple of our members "in the know" have to say about THAT deal!

Well, here's my two cents (as one of the last second snipers) - it's about $140 to make it wearable, plus the $120 (with shipping) you pay for it on ebay, plus the uncertainty as to wpi and condition. The math says $260 + uncertainty for the finished product. Your decision - I've gone through all this three times to completion (all luckily successful), so I don't mind losing these auctions, but they're not all success stories in the end.

Good luck to whoever got it!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
4270301661_bc40227194_o.jpg

previously sold postcard

Man - that's dredging up an old postcard - I won that one several months ago. If interested, I'll scan a nice clear image of it.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Well, here's my two cents (as one of the last second snipers) - it's about $140 to make it wearable, plus the $120 (with shipping) you pay for it on ebay, plus the uncertainty as to wpi and condition. The math says $260 + uncertainty for the finished product. Your decision - I've gone through all this three times to completion (all luckily successful), so I don't mind losing these auctions, but they're not all success stories in the end.

You are correct(except $125.00 at Optimo for me:))wpi is fairly high but too soon to be precise. First time so many saw potential, I hope thats a good sign. The last Montecristi I won was only 11.95[huh]

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Man - that's dredging up an old postcard - I won that one several months ago. If interested, I'll scan a nice clear image of it.
A good scan would be terrific. The company was around when the Canal was built and probably supplied some of the workers hats.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
ScottF said:

I was also one of those last minute snipers hopping to get this Montecristi. :D I was also thinking that I could snag this Panama for a good price. I was unlucky in my bidding as I did not put enough down on my snipe.:mad: Well there goes my plan to re-block a Montecristi Panama Hat. :rage:

I agree with Scott as to the condition of the hat and as to what the finale wpi count would end up at. But I did notice that the Montecristi had at least five vueltas that I could see from the pictures provided by the seller. It would have been nice if the seller had a picture of the inside of the crown so that one could really see what you might be purchasing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82