Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Levallois said:
Please forgive the t-shirt but it's the lull on Xmas Day before I dress up for the big extended family celebration - I'll take another photo then but I'm too excited to wait. Henry H. Roelofs hat - medium grey - 5 3/4 crown and 2 1/2 brim - consensus late 30s-early 40s. It's in an unworn/as-new condition. Thanks for looking and happy holidays.

DSC01102.jpg

John

Pristine and with perfect demensions. Well Done!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
I've been eyeing this as a Buy-It-Now for awhile and finally it was listed at auction:

BorsaHomburg.jpg

Patience rewarded!

Sue

Very classy. On my monitor the top photo seems grey/brown and the bottom, green. Which color is closer?

billysmom

One Too Many
Mr. Paladin said:
Very classy. On my monitor the top photo seems grey/brown and the bottom, green. Which color is closer?

The sticker on the interior says "Pomice", which I translate to "pumice". I'll have to wait for it to arrive to determine which of the twenty-odd Borsa grays it is.

Sue

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
Not a huge fan of the 2" brim but it was a twenty for twenty ...I'm sure I have sean them go for a lot more on the ebay

In September, I sold a 1940's Dobbs Twenty with Cav edge, 2" brim, for $19.49 on ebay. It was a beautiful black long-hair in near mint condition, size 7 5/8. I was quite disappointed.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
ScottF said:
In September, I sold a 1940's Dobbs Twenty with Cav edge, 2" brim, for $19.49 on ebay. It was a beautiful black long-hair in near mint condition, size 7 5/8. I was quite disappointed.
Why so low?? Is it the brim size that drives down the price??

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
Why so low?? Is it the brim size that drives down the price??

I think so, but it doesn't matter - you can't go wrong paying that price for a nice hat.

billysmom

One Too Many
Fedora for my husband!

Last summer I purchased a Borsalino Homburg on eBay that turned out to be a Punti 7 - way too big for me, but it fit my husband so I kept it. He looks terrific in it, but has never worn it.

Borsolghead.jpg

The other night he was fingering it and mumbled, "If you see a fedora for me on eBay you might buy it." :D He was thinking black, I told him that a nice gray would be much more useful.

So, striking while the iron was hot, I whipped out a tape measure and applied it to his noggin. 23 1/2" :eek: . This was going to get expensive.

I found this Mayser with a BIN and hit the button:

Mayser1.jpg

Mayser3-1.jpg

Mayser4.jpg

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it makes him a convert!

Sue

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Last summer I purchased a Borsalino Homburg on eBay that turned out to be a Punti 7 - way too big for me, but it fit my husband so I kept it. He looks terrific in it, but has never worn it.

If he takes to that beautiful Mayser, you might try the homburg on him again. It suits him very well.

billysmom

One Too Many
Mario said:
That Mayser IS old. Wait till mayserwegener finds out about this one! It's going to make him shaky... :eek: ;)

Be sure to post some pics over at the German & Austrian Hutmachers thread.

That's a truly great find, Sue!

I will as soon as it arrives. Thanks for the reassurance. ;)

Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken