Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Knox Flying Cloud 7 1/2lo - that didn't sell for only 9.99 the first time out
!BUOU!+QBmk~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0F63BKM(4,by6!~~_1.JPG
!BUOUL9!!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlu15ZBKM(5J2QQ!~~_1.JPG

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
hatband said:
Congrats on the bowler looks to be in great shape. Saw it myself but as the guy said he guesed the size by his own head size I was unsure if it would fit me or not so I shy,d away from it.:eek:
Where, and when do you think you would wear it?:
I saw that statement about the size, but decided to take the chance. I suppose it's a steep price to pay on a chance, but I expect it will be OK.
When will I wear it? I'm thinking I'll wear it the way it was worn 100 years ago, more or less any time. It will become part of my rotatiom of hats. There's a guy in my neighborhood who's a street vendor. He sells snazzy jewellery around the Village, and other touristy places. He has huge dreadlocks, and tops it with a very nice Stetson bowler. Looks sharp as hell. That's his every day look, and he totally carries it off. I figure it's all a question of attitude, after all.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
The buyer took me to my budget limit. It is limited due to custom orders & that the 100 had the noted scratch in the photo. If I didn't have 2 customs in flight, it would've gone for much more!

I blew right by my budget limit AND my wall-size limit...creeping up on box-stackage limit.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
The buyer took me to my budget limit. It is limited due to custom orders & that the 100 had the noted scratch in the photo. If I didn't have 2 customs in flight, it would've gone for much more!

Uh-oh, sorry 'bout that, Deputy :eek: -- but thank God for customs, I guess...;) With the eBay coupon I was able to use, that Stetson 100 went for $205, which is pretty amazing, I think, especially for that size...

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
I blew right by my budget limit AND my wall-size limit...creeping up on box-stackage limit.
I understand the experience well.. I won the Panama Airliner, making the total of two Pedigree Panama's for the week.

jimmy the lid said:
Uh-oh, sorry 'bout that, Deputy :eek: -- but thank God for customs, I guess...;) With the eBay coupon I was able to use, that Stetson 100 went for $205, which is pretty amazing, I think, especially for that size...

Cheers,
JtL
Figured you weren't in it since it wasn't a 7 3/8. I wasn't in as deep since it wasn't a 7 5/8. Rusty may not like us casting into his 7 1/2 fishing hole on the 'Bay! :D
Congrats, Chief & let me know how that scratch looks. [huh]

Ande1964

Practically Family
Stetson 25

I'm hopeful about this one. I can't afford to chase the mint beauties... I have to go after these fixer-uppers. ;)

I'm not familiar with this liner. I'll have to do some research. Looks like it might be '50s, as the seller thought.

!BU-olO!!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLmZqN)BKQO7LJJ)g~~_1.JPG
!BU-om5wBmk~$(KGrHgoOKiQEjlLmZ!24BKQO7RuD2!~~_1.JPG

Anj

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
I understand the experience well.. I won the Panama Airliner, making the total of two Pedigree Panama's for the week.

That Airliner is a beauty - it was hard for me to not bid on it.

Right when I was feeling hat envy over your BIN brown Cavanagh, this brown Stetson BIN popped up:

Brown Royal Stetson

!BVeSVdQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-EEEjlLl)LvtBKSpLTeqhg~~_1.JPG

!BVeR(MQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLl0T+JBKSpGVeen!~~_1.JPG

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Lefty said:

I got this one. It is far too large for me, unfortunately - I decided to give it to my dad, who it fits just fine. I also got the other one listed at the same time -

!BUWvdnQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-EMEjlLluimHBKNJui7oF!~~_1.JPG

This one fits me very well. I think I'll post it on the new hats thread, in fact.

I also got the hat in my avatar, which was some fairly modern Stetson stingy, sold to me as brand new. It actually seemed very lightly used, but it was in nice condition and will do as a less ostentatious beater.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Ande1964 said:
I'm not familiar with this liner. I'll have to do some research. Looks like it might be '50s, as the seller thought.

I'll be interested in what you may learn, Anj. I have always thought that the Stetson 25 was something of a 60's phenomenon -- perhaps going back to the late 50's, at the earliest. I think it would be really interesting to see what evidence is out there to pin this down one way or the other. I know that gtdean has recently acquired a couple of Stetson 25's with the gold medallion liners and sweats that should help to add to the discussion, as well.

Cheers,
JtL

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
60's Borsalino

Hoi Djgo-cat-go,

The black sweatband with the golden line hints at the sixties or even the following decade.

Groeten! :)

djgo-cat-go said:
What makes this hat sixties? I won it and I'm glad I did, but the title of this auction initially held me back..;)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's much newer than the 60's.

I agree. I think the earliest on that one would be late 80's, based on the liner, the sweat and the size tag.

Cheers,
JtL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe