Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario

I'll Lock Up
1960s 6 3/4 Mayser in dark navy, 4 3/4 crown, 1 7/8 brim. Went for $13.75. The images are not really accurate, as the color is so dark, it appears to be almost black.

mayser_dark_navy.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
I lost by a little more than $10. I would have set my snipe higher, but I wasn't sure of the hat's age. From what I could see it looked like a nice Alesandria, but I really wanted to see the sweat. I asked the seller to post more pictures, and she responded by asking me to send an e-mail address and she would have her husband take more pictures. I did send my e-mail address but never received more pics. Maybe there was some breakdown somewhere, but it caused me to hesitate in going whole hog.

Hey Bob, If it makes you feel any better, I asked him for liner and sweat pics as well and he described it as having either a purple or dark blue liner - I can't remember which and I can't find his response email, but that's why I backed off....that, and it looking like a Stratoliner clone.

MattJH

One Too Many
A really nice 7 5/8 Churchill (that went for only $45.95 shipped!) that I didn't go for since I just got that Cavanagh. I really liked the Churchill pin on this one; I've never seen one before.

!BTIgjw!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBKG0j!bRlg~~_1.JPG

!BTIgkbwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKG0jEBuVQ~~_1.JPG

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Oy.....

I am in a horrible mood right now....damn it. I was gonna get myself this for my birthday...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200345772949

And I missed it....because the ******* nosey neighbor kept going on and on about her granddaughter....I need a drink. Whose with me? I hate drinking alone. Every time I tried to walk away...she would grab my elbow...and make me feel guilty for wanting to leave!! My god! I guess it was the right thing to do to stay and entertain her...but I mean COME THE HECK ON!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
GranadaGuy, you are a chivalrous gentleman indeed. Sorry to hear you got 'talked' out of that book. All things for some reason they say but, dang, you have a right to be disappointed.

I gave up drinking so make yours a double and you'll have me covered too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe