Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I bought two hats today on eBay. The first is this “Dobbs”

54409349f540b84d9e975d01fee96cdb.png

And the second is this “Borsalino”

9affc80906109ecfcf2511f16523ce61.png

You got to love such accurate listings. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Poor listing and maybe great hats. It has happened before!

LOL...that was just too funny, caught red handed!

Is that maroon still around?

Reminds me of a robbery case I was involved in. Guy goes into a busy Subway and asked for a job application. Sets down at a table to fill it out and after the restaurant cleared he pulls a handgun and robs the place. Leaves the job application on the table. You guessed it; put his real name and address on the application. Closed that one out the same day.

I love dummies.

Is that maroon still around?

Reminds me of a robbery case I was involved in. Guy goes into a busy Subway and asked for a job application. Sets down at a table to fill it out and after the restaurant cleared he pulls a handgun and robs the place. Leaves the job application on the table. You guessed it; put his real name and address on the application. Closed that one out the same day.

I love dummies.
Reminds me of the idiot who bought a new $58,000 Chevrolet Surburban. In 6-7 months he had only made 3 payments so he figured GMAC would be coming for it, so he hid it & reported it stolen. When LE arrived they took their report from the guy, called GM OnStar & OnStar told the LEO that he must be standing right on top of it. When LE went around to the rear of the house they found the Suburban inside a basement garage, covered up with a sheet & the OnStar GPS working perfectly!

Reminds me of the idiot who bought a new $58,000 Chevrolet Surburban. In 6-7 months he had only made 3 payments so he figured GMAC would be coming for it, so he hid it & reported it stolen. When LE arrived they took their report from the guy, called GM OnStar & OnStar told the LEO that he must be standing right on top of it. When LE went around to the rear of the house they found the Suburban inside a basement garage, covered up with a sheet & the OnStar GPS working perfectly!

Love these stories, Jack. They're so common, folks think they are made up.

Love these stories, Jack. They're so common, folks think they are made up.
How about the hardcore ex-con who went deer hunting & killed a Boone & Crockett grade white tailed deer that was close to a state record. He called the Conservation Dept to get it measured, the media was present to take pictures of him with rifle & deer, & two days later he was back in prison on parole violation for FIP.

This could derail the thread, yet so much fun.

During my time in narcotics a burglary report was directed to us from general investigation. Seems someone had broken into this fellow's apt. and among the items he listed as stolen was a pound of marijuana. Patrolmen took the initial Incident/Offense report and burglary notified us. We called the "victim" in for a follow-up interview and after being Merandized, agreeing and signing the release form, he said a pound of marihuana was taken along with various electronic items from his home.

Helluva surprise to him when we arrested him and about a year later he was convicted of felony possession of marijuana.

Many morals to this story.

Last edited:
He has already sized down several hats, and they fit very well. I know it is hard to believe, because he has sized down hats that are supposed to be 100 per cent beaver, like my Stetson One Hundred below, that was a 7 5/8, but he says he shrinks them. No wrinkles, nothing.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323349966656
725fdb298f86cf629d354f53a05f8b4d.jpg
f1c5be69d86be4be1506b7589b10f99c.jpg
b9938bbc1e54d17d0c555967d8702a5c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Still seems sacrilegious to downsize vintage hats of that size when they’re so rare, and smaller hats are so relatively plentiful.

Please consider the plight of the large dome dudes, Doc! It would take us many years to amass what you have
He has already sized down several hats, and they fit very well. I know it is hard to believe, because he has sized down hats that are supposed to be 100 per cent beaver, like my Stetson One Hundred below, that was a 7 5/8, but he says he shrinks them. No wrinkles, nothing.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323349966656
725fdb298f86cf629d354f53a05f8b4d.jpg
f1c5be69d86be4be1506b7589b10f99c.jpg
b9938bbc1e54d17d0c555967d8702a5c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

BLASPHEMY!!!

Max, with all due respect, there is an abundance of smaller size vintage lids available, and a dearth of anything above 7-5/8, and even greater scarcity of 7-3/4 hats. You could be desecrating some very rare pieces. It would take me or Brent several years to amass the collection you have in a few months, because it is not practical to upsize to that extent.

Please, I'm begging you to discontinue the practice, re-sell the 7-3/4 hats you may still have, (not even to me, but to preserve them) and the good karma will help you find hats that won't need to be bastardized!!

Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken