Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fedoracentric

Banned
I had a hurricane take one of mine away. The seller did one of those PO pick up deals and left the package out on his door step for the PO to pick up after doing an online postal order and over night a hurricane came and swept the hat away. So, I feel for ya.

facade

A-List Customer
Hoo, boy. $305 big ones for a Knox 40 in a some what smaller size of 7-1/8

Looks like it is in great shape, too.

View attachment 15572

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181455977674?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This was actually my purchase, its sitting in my apartment now (just delivered)... dying to go home and tear open the box.

My text conversation to the woman in my house...

Me: How's the box look?
Woman: Square
Me: Please rotate the box 1/4 turn every 15 minutes to ensure the sun does not disproportionally warm any one side of the hat. Thanks!
Woman: Sure thing!
Me: Oh and once you have done two complete rotations, reverse direction for two rotations. This will ensure the nap of the felt does not become slanted. Thanks 'preciate it!
Woman: No problem - I'm on it.
Me: It will probably be best if you kept a written journal or used a spreadsheet to track the rotations...
Woman: I just googled the "best thing for a hat and a box" and they said set it on the porch
Me: Try googling what happened to a woman who abused a man's hat
Woman: She went to heaven?
Me: Yeah she died, final destination unknown.
Woman: Haha

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow. That's a lot of $$$! Sometimes I wonder if it's more about the competition than it is about the actual hat with some of these guys.
I think you are correct with that opinion. I was actually bidding on that hat, until the price went to Nasa, and was informed, "Houston, we have lift off"...as the bidding went into outer space! I stopped bidding for a few reasons, one of which, the hat needs a lot of work done on it, before my Husband could even wear it. Sure the hat is some what vintage, but gee whiz, not like it was owned by Elvis or anything to make it be worth the winning bid. In fact, a better choice financially would be have a Custom hat from one of the resident Hatters from here on the Lounge. Now if that hat would have been super clean and spotless and not need any work done, maybe the final price would have made the Hat a closer to value to price....

facade

A-List Customer
I'll tell you, that Knox 40 looks great. But it was way too rich for my blood. I must admit, though, I'd have paid that much for a Knox 100.

Given what you have to spend to get a new hat anywhere near that quality and without a cav edge, I still consider it a bargain. But I agree $300 is not cheap.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Well, American saxophone player - but yes. He played numerous different genres, but had an enormous impact, merging Brazilian Samba and Bossa Nova into popular music and Jazz.

fedoracentric

Banned
So, that is an interesting liner. But I wonder... why is "Billy The Kid" depicted snow skiing? I mean, i know who Billy the Kid was.... but I am sure not aware that he was a skiing icon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe