Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
9e2e9yra.jpg

9esy5ape.jpg

6uqapuzy.jpg

fedoracentric

Banned

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I am? I shouldn't complain. I run across some great old hats here in Massachusetts. I need to drive around Connecticut and see if I can't run into some more.

I have been coming across some fantastic cloches from early Bostonian milliners. I just won for a BIN on ebay yesterday from a Canadian seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221379126251?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This is from Tuttles Millinery which had 2 stores per the label... one on Summer Street and the other on Washington Street. I came across another hat from a milliner on Tremont Street but couldn't decide if I should buy it since the hat wasn't really my style.

As you all know, I am in the beginning stages of my hat site. This week I will be going through all of my hats and organizing them as well as creating a spreadsheet that will list them by decade, material, season, milliner's name and location. The location of these long defunct milliners will determine where the pic of the hat is taken. Lucky for me I live on the East Coast so getting to NY, Boston and Chicago won't be too much of a hassle. I believe I have a good 300 hats but I'll know for sure once I have inputted everything into Excel. This is so tedious and boring!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
A Stetson 100, size 7-3/8 in the trunk and with the plastic hat holder only hit $238! A deal for someone who is not me.

There is a little mold on the hat, though. This probably kept the bidding down.

So, here is the question... how easy does mold clean out of a fur felt hat? I have never had the occasion to find out. Anyone know?

My main problem with 100's is the short brim. The mold might be a problem in customs house, so no.

A Stetson 100, size 7-3/8 in the trunk and with the plastic hat holder only hit $238! A deal for someone who is not me.

There is a little mold on the hat, though. This probably kept the bidding down.

So, here is the question... how easy does mold clean out of a fur felt hat? I have never had the occasion to find out. Anyone know?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171245159715?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I like how they had the inserts upside down in the one photo...
As far as the "mold" goes, depends on how it penetrated the felt fibers. Looks nasty for sure & to have gone all the way thru the brim. For that money with complete case, it is worth a shot at stain removal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82