Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

buler

I'll Lock Up
Haven't bought a hat in ages, but was intrigued by this auction. Frank Miller really was a trick shooter for the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show, and really did live in Ft. Collins. Buffalo Bill really spent time there as well. So perhaps: Interesting Old Cowboy Hat

Hey Scott. Nice to see you around. Interesting hat. Certainly one of the earliest Lee's I've seen. And you get a bonus, undescribed fedora.

B

It might have gone for more had my bid gone in, but it is headed elsewhere. The hat has some felt damage, but very little wear. I expect it would clean up and be quite wearable.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Hey Scott. Nice to see you around. Interesting hat. Certainly one of the earliest Lee's I've seen. And you get a bonus, undescribed fedora.

B

Hi Buler - good to 'see' you. By coincidence, I just won (5 minutes ago :)) three more early 1900's westerns. I'll post them in the appropriate thread. My hat 'collection' had been pared down to two 1910-20 Stetsons and a few hats I wear. Maybe the bug is back?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Setson-Gun-...717&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=330841839543&

Stetson_GClub_02.jpg

(seller's photo)

Surely this Gun Club did not come with this Fawcett-esque ribbon, no?

buler

I'll Lock Up
Here's a nice vintage Stetson on ebay at size 7 long oval.

They say its an Open Road, but there is no marking on the sweat to say that.
It kind of looks like a Stratoliner/20 combination.

Posting live auctions is permitted, but many members in the hat section are not fans of that policy. Those who feel compelled to do so have an area (Vintage Finds and Deals) to post them.

Keep it under your Stetson.

B

They say its an Open Road, but there is no marking on the sweat to say that.

The seller clearly states over & over again = "It is a Stetson Open Road-style fedora "..."Now, I say "Open Road-style" because there is no marking that id's it as an actual Open Road hat. But it is in exactly the same style as the OR"

Very forthcoming & honest in my book....

It kind of looks like a Stratoliner/20 combination.
Care to point out an Open Road style hat the doesn't look like a Strat or a 20?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I'm with Tom on this one - if a hat doesn't say Open Road somewhere, it is an "Open Road Style". It might be identical to another hat that is an Open Road, but has to say it on the sweatband.

Can still be a great hat!

Of course, our old pal HatsEnough/The Colonel (the seller in this case) does know how to describe a hat properly.

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
The seller clearly states over & over again = "It is a Stetson Open Road-style fedora "..."Now, I say "Open Road-style" because there is no marking that id's it as an actual Open Road hat. But it is in exactly the same style as the OR"

Very forthcoming & honest in my book....

Care to point out an Open Road style hat the doesn't look like a Strat or a 20?

I agree....nothing mis-leading there.

Last edited:
I'm with Tom on this one - if a hat doesn't say Open Road somewhere, it is an "Open Road Style". It might be identical to another hat that is an Open Road, but has to say it on the sweatband.

Can still be a great hat!

Of course, our old pal HatsEnough/The Colonel (the seller in this case) does know how to describe a hat properly.

True, he has had some nice hats too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe