Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Bowler I'm tired of eBay as well. It is damn impossible to find what I want. And now it sucks to sell on there as well
Yes, the pickings are getting a little thin. More and more I'm thinking I should get another custom; or just buy another Akubra Fed in a color I like and have the brim trimmed/bound, and/or a smaller ribbon put on, etc., to customize it to my taste.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I keep seeing akubras and think maybe I should take the leap but many of them have thin ribbons and I have NEVER even seen a thin ribbon on my noggin so I am a little gunshy.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Baron those are just fantastic love the fabric.

$T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jD2fBQlW35DFC!~~60_58.JPG

This one reminds me of my Mr. Freedom cap.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I keep seeing akubras and think maybe I should take the leap but many of them have thin ribbons and I have NEVER even seen a thin ribbon on my noggin so I am a little gunshy.
Thin ribbons are great. I had in mind having a slightly narrower ribbon, say 1" or 1.25", put on a Fed. But a thin ribbon a la the Open Road would look great on one, too.

I'm inclined to think of a thin-ribbon hat as more casual -- but we've seen lots of real life photos and shots from movies from the '40s and '50s showing thin ribbon dress hats like the Stratoliner.

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Ok, Education time here, hopefully. Was watching this, really interested but it just went out of my budget. Don't see many of these and I am curious, so what say the cognizanti? Did one of us snag this? Or did it look to be too far gone to bother with? What would you plan to do with one if you did get it. I know, I know, I already read the other thread but was curious as to anything specific to this one.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I looked at that auction. The straw hat is worthless for resale and the 100 isn't my size. The price seems to have been pretty good for a Stetson beaver 100 in that size (I believe that a Stetson Beaver 100 is not as good as a Stetson 100 though I may not be correct on this).

Walt

One of the Regulars
I'm not interested in this, bu I am trying to see how good I am getting at trying to date hats.

The seller has this listed as a 1920s-1930s Stetson, but it looks very 1950s to me.

A 50's hat not in its original box.....

Seller admits in the description the hats they are selling could be in the wrong box.

One of those sellers who incorrectly dates (by many decades) a lot of things.

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Ok, Education time here, hopefully. Was watching this, really interested but it just went out of my budget. Don't see many of these and I am curious, so what say the cognizanti? Did one of us snag this? Or did it look to be too far gone to bother with? What would you plan to do with one if you did get it. I know, I know, I already read the other thread but was curious as to anything specific to this one.

I got that one. I am hoping it is a large 7 1/4 as with my previous examples of 100's. The three 100's I have had have been in the large side of the tagged size. I still have and love my 7 3/8 100. I have never handled a beaver 100 so I will find out soon. I plan to clean it up and wear it - if it's too small I'll try to trade it.

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Hey, Thanks for the info. That's about what I had in mind as well. Living near Houston, I have the option of dropping one off with the Shudde Boys and letting them work their magic on it if it's too much for me, (and I'm not in a hurry) but it's gotta be in the budget. Suitably spiffed up and styled, these are really sharp looking, like a OR with a turbocharger. You gonna leave the cattleman crease or go for a fedora bash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe