Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decline in hat sales

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Idealization is a psychoanalytic term for a concentrated libidinal investment in an object that is thus exalted and overvalued.

It can happen with cars, politicians, sports teams, Johny Depp, and hats. Why not t-shirts?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
at least you capitalized it. ;)

You all enjoy and value hats.....someone else enjoys and values designer clothes...

I somehow -doubt- there is a group of designer clothes lovers out there on a message board knocking hat wearers who spend too much on hats.

So why waste your time worrying and complaining about what -others- value...?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
because those people are just dumb. :D

Besides, what else would you have us do? This is the internet - the place where the world comes to whine.

Incidentally, the place you're looking for is styleforum.net.

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
You all enjoy and value hats.....someone else enjoys and values designer clothes...

I somehow -doubt- there is a group of designer clothes lovers out there on a message board knocking hat wearers who spend too much on hats.

Actually I believe I've been pretty evenhanded in making fun of both. I am happy that there are expensive things and people who can afford them.

But really, "designer clothes"?

Mr E Train

One Too Many
If I have time to go on the internet and talk about hats and look at pictures of hats and guys wearing hats, then I definitely have time to make fun of some "designer" selling a t-shirt for $750, and the people who would buy said t-shirt.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
That Hermes T-Shirt is more expensive than my best suit...

Then again, I'm basically poor... so...

Miss Neecerie said:

The fellas were just celebrating human nature, that's all. ;)

cmalbrecht

Familiar Face
If I had Bill Gates's money, I still wouldn't dream of handing out that kind of dough for a T shirt unless it were for a charitable cause, and that goes for the Hermes hats too. I hear the ladies love to come home from Paris with a Hermes scarf. I don't even want to think what they pay for those. Any sensible person knows those products are no better than something you could pick up for a fraction of the price. But to some, a name like Hermes, Prada, etc. is worth paying for.
I'm a JC Penny, Sears shopper. When I splurge I go to Nordstroms but mostly I shop at St. Vincent de Paul's, the Goodwill and the flea market. Someday I may even find a Hermes T shirt there, ¿Quién sabe? lol

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Wow!:eek: That's alot of money for a T-shirt. While I suppose I could pick one up at the Hermes in Denver's swanky Cherry Creek, I think I'll just wait until it shows up at my local Good Will thrift store! :D

One Too Many
I believe wich all store hats are selling more than other times, a single reason. We are more than other times, in our land there are factories 2 or 3 wich are producing more than 900 000 hats per year each one and there are too much little factories in whole land. Some regions have own styles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld