Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I tend to think it's better to go too big than too small because you can add insoles and such, but if you've already bought them and they are a little too small, you can take them down to a good shoe repair shop and have them stretched a little. Being leather, they should have some ability to stretch, but only a limited amount.

I just got the Dara shoes and they definitely DO NOT RUN LARGE. The remix site says they do. I got them in an 8 which is what my other Remix's are and also is my regular shoe size. These are definitely the tightest Remixes I have. So I would say these run small! I think mine will give a bit but just thought you all should know.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
*droolworthy!*

JupitersDarling said:
I might be late to this game since I was out of the lounge for a few months, but has anyone seen the new 30's Aris Allens????

LOVE AT FIRST PAGELOAD!

2072-BS-2.jpg

THOSE are fabulous! How pretty. I don't think I even want to know how much they are, however. LOL.

Where do you find them at JD?

~D.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I just got the Dara shoes and they definitely DO NOT RUN LARGE. The remix site says they do. I got them in an 8 which is what my other Remix's are and also is my regular shoe size. These are definitely the tightest Remixes I have. So I would say these run small! I think mine will give a bit but just thought you all should know.

Their leather is pretty soft and gives quite a bit.
I ended up having to put in a new hole in my Gloria's because they stretched so much.;)

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
VintageRed said:
THOSE are fabulous! How pretty. I don't think I even want to know how much they are, however. LOL.

Where do you find them at JD?

~D.
They're not actually too bad at about $65. They so have suede soles though since they're geared towards swing dancers. You can get all styles of Aris Allens from Dancestore.com.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
JupitersDarling said:
They're not actually too bad at about $65. They so have suede soles though since they're geared towards swing dancers. You can get all styles of Aris Allens from Dancestore.com.

My initial reaction was"Put dem shoes in de bag, 'n' ain't nobody gotta get hoit, see?" That might be vintage, but is that unhealthy? lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the heads up BBB. I've never tried Remix and I could use a pair of brown shoes...

BeBopBaby said:
The Remix Ginger Pumps are on sale for $55.00 (normally $184.00) on this website:

http://www.lorisshoes.com/product.asp?lt=c&catid=6891&pfid=LDS06234

LDS06234.jpg

I ordered my last pair of Remix shoes from this site and they have great customer service and super fast shipping. They also have large sizes in stock.

Esme

One of the Regulars
So many of those sites don't ship to Australia or the shipping would be prohibitive, especially if you wind up needing an exchange! I did buy some shoes from Fluevog, but I had to wait for them to go on sale and I ordered from Canada.
I neeeeeed to move back to the US.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Can anyone recommend a good brand for vintage-styled new WIDE shoes? Sometimes I can go up a size but I hate to spill over sides, either for comfort or especially the look in some sandals...I really just need wide heels.

How's Remix for that? Gosh, I love their styles!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Viola said:
Can anyone recommend a good brand for vintage-styled new WIDE shoes? Sometimes I can go up a size but I hate to spill over sides, either for comfort or especially the look in some sandals...I really just need wide heels.

How's Remix for that? Gosh, I love their styles!

My experience with Remix shoes is that they tend to run on the narrow side.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I just ordered a pair of those brown Re-Mix shoes--I noodled about on the site and was barely able to restrain myself from throwing these in the shopping cart too (but they're around $95 even on sale--too rich for my blood right now).

LDS08340a.jpg

Check out the stitching on the top of the shoe!

LDS08340c.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
BeBopBaby said:
The Remix Ginger Pumps are on sale for $55.00 (normally $184.00) on this website:

http://www.lorisshoes.com/product.asp?lt=c&catid=6891&pfid=LDS06234

LDS06234.jpg

I ordered my last pair of Remix shoes from this site and they have great customer service and super fast shipping. They also have large sizes in stock.

Ordered. Darn it all. How can i say no to saving 130 some bucks on such cuteness???:p

Laura Chase

One Too Many
imoldfashioned, I felt the same way! They are beautiful!

I can't figure out if those Ginger shoes are really me. I need some sandals and they are very inexpensive and very pretty, but there is something about the buckle and the toe-piece that annoys me a little... I can't put my finger on it.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I know what you mean Laura--the strap and buckle are a bit thick and that made me hesitate, along with the heel height, which is a tad high for me. But the pierced body of the shoe, the color combo and the shape of the toe piece won me over (along with the sale price, of course!). I've never bought a pair of Re-Mix so I hope I got the sizing right.

Laura Chase said:
imoldfashioned, I felt the same way! They are beautiful!

I can't figure out if those Ginger shoes are really me. I need some sandals and they are very inexpensive and very pretty, but there is something about the buckle and the toe-piece that annoys me a little... I can't put my finger on it.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I can't believe I did this....but I decided the ginger heel was too high for me.....I used to be able to wear them, but if I do now, I can't walk properly the next day. My knees ache and my toes swell......sigh. So I was honest with myself and cancelled the order.
2 inch heel is as high as I can go.......so I think I am getting these instead (plus, they are only 30 dollars):

franco.jpg

Now I just need to decide...black or brown?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
You're smart to know your limits--a too high heel can be agony inducing, no doubt.

I really like these shoes (very pretty heel), you can't go wrong whichever color you pick. Does the brown have more of a color difference between the body of the shoe and the accents?

MissAmelina said:
I can't believe I did this....but I decided the ginger heel was too high for me.....I used to be able to wear them, but if I do now, I can't walk properly the next day. My knees ache and my toes swell......sigh. So I was honest with myself and cancelled the order.
2 inch heel is as high as I can go.......so I think I am getting these instead:

franco.jpg

Now I just need to decide...black or brown?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld