Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Customer experiences with Aero Leather

skippymchaggis

New in Town
Aero will make it right if they make an error. Just be sure you are clear about what you want.

if you give them the measurements they ask for, the way they ask for them, it will fit. they will even generally make suggests for changes to the stock pattern to fit you appropriately. and when you get the jacket, it will fit.

Deckburner

New in Town
1930's Half Belt ordered October 2009. Arrived Feb 11, 2010. Sleeves too short. Body too short. Jacket is BEAUTIFUL! The smell of leather filled the room when I opened the box. Amanda said to ship it right back and they will make another with 1.5 inches longer in the sleeves and body! Amanda could not have been any nicer or easier to work with. Although I wish I was wearing the jacket, I am very impressed with Aero's customer service. :)

1911 Man

A-List Customer
3rd Aero jacket ordered through Mark Moye, Aero Leather USA, April 6th 2009. I was told "Fall delivery". Ordered with a few modifications. Jacket did not arrive until Dec 3rd 2009 (that is correct, 3 days shy of 8 months). Jacket was not made to my specifications, I sent it back, with Mark confirming it was received back Dec 9th 2009. I was told a replacement with correct specs would be made ASAP.

I am still waiting for this jacket.

It has been 16 weeks since Mark recieved it back. I emailed him recently to see if there were any updates, and he said it wouldn't be finished until after the factory reopened from the Easter Holiday. I don't know if that means this month, or if it will also take 8 months like the last jacket. Either way, I won't be able to use it until this fall, and my total wait time will be over a year. Not very pleased.

Navin323i

Practically Family
1911 Man said:
3rd Aero jacket ordered through Mark Moye, Aero Leather USA, April 6th 2009. I was told "Fall delivery". Ordered with a few modifications. Jacket did not arrive until Dec 3rd 2009 (that is correct, 3 days shy of 8 months). Jacket was not made to my specifications, I sent it back, with Mark confirming it was received back Dec 9th 2009. I was told a replacement with correct specs would be made ASAP.

It has been 16 weeks since Mark recieved it back. I emailed him recently to see if there were any updates, and he said it wouldn't be finished until after the factory reopened from the Easter Holiday. I don't know if that means this month, or if it will also take 8 months like the last jacket. Either way, I won't be able to use it until this fall, and my total wait time will be over a year. Not very pleased.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Hopefully once you receive the jacket you'll be pleased with it and it'll be to your correct specs this time around.

I'm originally from Utah myself... almost spent the entire first 8 years of my life in Tooele (my family moved to Utah from Arizona when I was only a few months old). :)

Kid Mac

Practically Family

Sorry to hear about your difficulty. I actually remember you had mentioned ordering this jacket (in mid-weight jerky?).

Mac

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Wow, that is frustrating. After 3 months of waiting, I bailed on my Highwayman and got a jacket from Langlitz. I really don't mind waiting, but I like a definite time frame. Although Mark is great, I don't think that he has any idea of when the actual delivery time will be.

Too bad, since I would order more jackets from Aero if they could give me a better time frame. Did you try emailing Amanda directly? She was very responsive to my email questions.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
I've been away from TFL for some months now due to work but wanted to report back on my Veste de Rallye.

Veste de Rallye
Medium weight black horsehide
Jetted handwarmer pockets
Interior gun pockets
No storm cuffs
Black alpaca wool lining
Bi-swing back

Paid: May 11, 2009
Ordered: June 24, 2009 (Aero USA)
Received: January 29, 2010 (just over seven months)

[While the delay may seem extreme, Mark made a superhuman effort to try and compensate me for the delay.]

Jacket was out of spec, about 6" more than specified. :( So back she went. Aside from the sizing issue, Aero did a wonderful job on this jacket. I can't wait to get it back.

Returned: Feb 20, 2010 (directly to Scotland, not to Aero USA)
Received: pending

My Aero Highwayman (received June 2009) has a broken zipper, after one season of use. :( The zipper will no longer stay closed. I will be calling Aero to return that one to Scotland for repair shortly. No big deal as it's too warm to wear leather jackets here anyhow.

Paden

Vendor
What is 6 month waiting, to 20 years of wearing?
Will knows about that problem, got some new machinists, but it takes time to
bring them to a good jacket maker.
If you buy an individual car, it takes sometimes longer time to wait.

Dav

One Too Many
Aero waiting

This may sound strange but it was the fact that so many people seemed prepared to wait so long for their jackets that first started to intrigue me about aero "good things come to he who waits" but a year does seem a little excessive, I've only been waiting 4 weeks so I hope the 10 to 12 weeks quoted by Amanda is correct but I wont hold my breath.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Kid Mac said:

Sorry to hear about your difficulty. I actually remember you had mentioned ordering this jacket (in mid-weight jerky?).

Mac

Yes, its a 50's halfbelt in jerky seal.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Dav said:
This may sound strange but it was the fact that so many people seemed prepared to wait so long for their jackets that first started to intrigue me about aero "good things come to he who waits" but a year does seem a little excessive, I've only been waiting 4 weeks so I hope the 10 to 12 weeks quoted by Amanda is correct but I wont hold my breath.

Dont hold your breath, indeed. Double that time and you are looking at something more accurate, but it will be worth it in the end!

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
1911 Man said:

Wow, I would be upset at over a year wait. I know Aero makes a great product and if the wait is that long they should tell the customer that it might be that long. Waiting a long time is acceptable if you tell me up front and I put it out of mind until that time nears, but that's just me. I'm wondering if making changes to a jackets stock stlye increases the build time. Some people seem to get them sooner than expected.

crismans

New in Town
Hopefully, I'm not breaking all kinds of etiquette here, but I don't think this question deserves it's own thread. I've been thinking about getting an Aero in the next little bit but there seems to be all kind of options and, more specifically, leather choices than you can find with a quick perusal of their site. Can anyone point me to a place where you can see the different choices they offer? And I'll keep this :eek: ready for when it turns out that this was right in front of me. :eusa_doh:

Never mind, found it linking off Mark's ebay site. So I can save myself the embarassment. ;)

kyboots

Practically Family
The WAIT

I think the time frame here is to the extreme. Why take orders when you can't supply the service? Eight months is too long! Do they make that many jackets or have they layed off so many employees with the recession they can't make the product? There are still plenty of cows, lambs and horses around so that can't be it! JAV

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Just want to say that the order I sent the 5:th has been replied to and Amanda says I will get the old prices on that order. Can you believe Aero...this is so unexpected and wonderful :eusa_clap

I was taking for granted that i would pay the new prices.
This really shows how good they are to their customers.

Omg I am so exited.
Today i got a mail from Aero that my jacket is shipped.
That is 15 weeks from order to shiping.
I suspect it will be another week before it shows up here.

I cant wait to get it. Will it fit? I dont even know exactly what color its gonna be.
Will it be light brown or dark, chocolate or reddish :p

I just said brown. :eek: :D

1911 Man

A-List Customer
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Omg I am so exited.
Today i got a mail from Aero that my jacket is shipped.
That is 15 weeks from order to shiping.
I suspect it will be another week before it shows up here.

I cant wait to get it. Will it fit? I dont even know exactly what color its gonna be.
Will it be light brown or dark, chocolate or reddish :p

I just said brown. :eek: :D

Wow, I am jealous. I'm still sitting and waiting, it's been 19 weeks on a replacement jacket. I guess when the factory makes a mistake, and you have to send your jacket back for a replacement, it is NOT given priority status.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Im sorry to make you feel worse, that was not my intention.

We dont know how they work.
Maybe the same person will do your jacket again and she has started others and have to finnish, or she is sick, or they are waiting for the hide or something else. You should have been told tho what is going on.

Mine is a pretty standard jacket in a small size and I didnt specify color or marble or anything else then thick and smooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe