Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cross zip nation

barnabus

One Too Many
Center zip leather jackets indicate that you are a "square". Cross zips indicate that you are a rebel.

Centre zip leather jackets indicate that you are wearing a centre zip leather jacket. Cross zips indicate that you are wearing a cross zip.

They're just clothes.

Every other woman I see in town is wearing a cross zip.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
IMG_6470.jpeg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Center zip leather jackets indicate that you are a "square". Cross zips indicate that you are a rebel.

I had always been partial to the Schott Perfecto, with the shoulder epaulets and attached belt. For a couple of decades, that was my only leather jacket.

Then in the last couple of years, I've caught the leather jacket fever, and I've gravitated towards the minimalist approach. So now my current favorite jacket is the Fox Creek "Traditional" with no epaulets, no belt.

I've been eyeing the Vanson CHP jacket for awhile now, because it's got no epaulets and it's got the belt loops with snaps in case you feel like inserting a belt, which is the best of both worlds. Sometimes you feel like a belt, sometimes you don't.

I might go back to epaulets and belts sometime in the future. My tastes change over time. But I think I'll always prefer the cross zip over the center zip. That will probably never change for me.
Well that settles it!
I’m gonna wear my straight zips when i don’t feel like getting in a fight.
I’ll wear the cross zips when i’m feeling a little rebellious going to the Senior Center for bingo and babes.

Now all i have to worry about are those darn vegans telling me how much of a neanderthal square i am for wearing a poor critter hide.

Had a flashback when i heard the words “you are a square”.
B

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Well that settles it!
I’m gonna wear my straight zips when i don’t feel like getting in a fight.
I’ll wear the cross zips when i’m feeling a little rebellious going to the Senior Center for bingo and babes.

Now all i have to worry about are those darn vegans telling me how much of a neanderthal square i am for wearing a poor critter hide.

Had a flashback when i heard the words “you are a square”.
B

That's funny! Can you imagine feeling rebellious in your cross-zip on a subway or a bus and someone offers you their seat? Oh horror, oh horror.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
That's funny! Can you imagine feeling rebellious in your cross-zip on a subway or a bus and someone offers you their seat? Oh horror, oh horror.
Ha ha good one Will.
That’s an ugly scenario.
I could never dishonor my jacket by doing that!
Prob just tell them “i ain’t dead yet” Mf’r!
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remytwotimes