Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Bama . According to my measurements and that chart I would be a 10 D (actually 9 1/2 W , but I know maybe in shoes , but not in Boots) . I'll remeasure this evening . Did the Mexican Boot maker (seller) Make those on eBay or what ? Seems they are affiliated somehow , but I recall PBB was making them available , but I think it says commissioned by PB , imported . The Only Feedback said If they had known they wouldn't have bought , but they were well made . ... no details . I figure the Mexican Guy made them to PBB specs for PBB customers at a Cheaper Price . But they're showing sold from Nogales AZ , which could just mean they're across the border in Mexico . Common there , and a few other border Cities .

(Art from PBBoots Called) ...

... I Punked Out , (Don't Talk to Art unless) I Ordered from Paul Bond Boots . Ugh . Art saying he thinks 10 D , but if they don't fit he'll ship the 10.5 D . Bright Yellow Upper , Brown Vamp (I guess thats the foot) . He said Red was scarce , Royal Blue , and Bright Yellow were winners , so ... . He said they'll be ready in 2 weeks . They're building a Bunch right now getting stocks up for Christmas . 50% now , 50% when they ship . Goodbye $$$

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
... HJ , you were Right , 10 D . Plus I guess I should add the Royal Blue had Black Waxed Calf Vamps . I'm not really into Black Boots except from Pimping Up . Everything is cut and stitched , just assembling the sole and heel you want . Only two types of Heels Available on Stock Working Boots , the #6 Full Riding Heel (cool if all you do is stay in the saddle) , or the #4 (I think) < The one I got , probably close to a 3/4 Riding Heel , not a Roper Heel , underslung , with the Spur Ridge , and shark on the Heel Counter . I told him I was bow legged , walk on the outside of my foot , he said they'd cover that . Better Safe than Sorry .

... guess I'll order the Tee-Shirt , now . Haha ! http://www.ebay.com/itm/272291004136?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:
Boots made by Spider Dailey. I think he used to be the GM at Paul Bond. Now he's a working cowboy who does leather work and builds boots on the side. Has a small website called Grumpy ba***rd Boots. I love the look of these.
image.jpeg

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Just got an eBay message from (I bet its Art at PBB, just guessing) the seller : (I thought they didn't have Red Available in 10.5 D) Oh Well ...

New message from: bootpaulb (1)
Hello,

Thanks for your interest! These run true to size.

Available colors in Blue, Red & Green, All which are 10.5D

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks

Just got an eBay message from (I bet its Art at PBB, just guessing) the seller : (I thought they didn't have Red Available in 10.5 D) Oh Well ...

New message from: bootpaulb (1)
Hello,

Thanks for your interest! These run true to size.

Available colors in Blue, Red & Green, All which are 10.5D

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks
Doesn't mention yellow...wasn't he really pushing yellow & royal blue on you? Also it indicates they have only 1 completed sale.

Doesn't mention yellow...wasn't he really pushing yellow & royal blue on you? Also it indicates t

Sounds odd. I think I'd take my chances on a pair of the Mexican made ones if I was looking for that style boot. For the money, hard to beat and and you could probably get your money back on the bay if you're not happy with them. JMO

Any experience with McLeans Legendary BootCo.?
He makes a great boot; he learned from Mr. Bond. So did Chris Bennett before McLean. Rumor always had it that McLean had a deal in place to buy Mr. Bond out when he was ready to retire. I guess he got tired of waiting. I have no experience in ordering from his company. I haven't been to the National Western Stock Show in Denver the past 2 yrs but he used to always set up. Chris Bennett, on the other hand must have gotten out of boots. He has virtually disappeared. There are probably some unmarked Chris Bennett boots from his early days that have been sold on the resale market as Bond's. They are that good.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Sounds odd. I think I'd take my chances on a pair of the Mexican made ones if I was looking for that style boot. For the money, hard to beat and and you could probably get your money back on the bay if you're not happy with them. JMO

Once I see how the 10 D Fit , and get whatever does , I may go more NUTS . I like the Red !

HJ , You are a PI , I noticed that , too . But ... Art said he'd email me after he ate his sandwich , and I haven't seen a thing , yet . But they're 2 Hour behind me . Art said the yellow was Lemon Yellow , and 56's looked muted to me , not bright .

He makes a great boot; he learned from Mr. Bond. So did Chris Bennett before McLean. Rumor always had it that McLean had a deal in place to buy Mr. Bond out when he was ready to retire. I guess he got tired of waiting. I have no experience in ordering from his company. I haven't been to the National Western Stock Show in Denver the past 2 yrs but he used to always set up. Chris Bennett, on the other hand must have gotten out of boots. He has virtually disappeared. There are probably some unmarked Chris Bennett boots from his early days that have been sold on the resale market as Bond's. They are that good.

I've been close to ordering from Legendary but have never known anyone that had personal experience with them. They offer a lot of options at reasonable prices and I like the looks of their boots.

I knew of Bennett's history with PB and liked the looks of his boots the first time I saw some online. Almost ordered a pair b/c the prices were damn reasonable. He still has a website http://www.chrisbennettbootco.com/, which doesn't mean anything and no longer lists prices of his boots.

HJ , You are a PI , I noticed that , too . But ... Art said he'd email me after he ate his sandwich , and I haven't seen a thing , yet . But they're 2 Hour behind me . Art said the yellow was Lemon Yellow , and 56's looked muted to me , not bright .

Nothing like good customer service. I was drinking a PBR and eating almonds while I wrote this response.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Nothing like good customer service. I was drinking a PBR and eating almonds while I wrote this response.

I hope you're wearing that Tee-Shirt ! Haha , Every Time I see PBR I think Professional Bull Riding , but Da* it hit me fast (don't worry) Pabst Blue Ribbon
th
, at 12 or 13 Two 6 Packs of Tall Boys and M&M's messed me up . It always tasted Green after that .

I've been close to ordering from Legendary but have never known anyone that had personal experience with them. They offer a lot of options at reasonable prices and I like the looks of their boots.

I knew of Bennett's history with PB and liked the looks of his boots the first time I saw some online. Almost ordered a pair b/c the prices were damn reasonable. He still has a website http://www.chrisbennettbootco.com/, which doesn't mean anything and no longer lists prices of his boots.
I guess without a client list that goes back a couple generations in a family where the bootmaker can sell out his order book, it's really hard for these guys to make enough money to stay in business. On the other hand I don't have enough time left to wait 2 or more yrs for a pair of boots even if the guys who are sold out would take my order.

Beer snobs.
Nope, just happen to like bull riding!

When I was about 6-7 yrs old my cousins & I would take turns climbing up on the back of a spring bottle calf & do that as they grew all summer until those calves were sold off in the fall. After you got a grip you'd give the signal & one of my cousins would kick the calf in the butt as hard as he could & you'd see if you could hang on. Today, we would be reported for animal cruelty.

I guess without a client list that goes back a couple generations in a family where the bootmaker can sell out his order book, it's really hard for these guys to make enough money to stay in business. On the other hand I don't have enough time left to wait 2 or more yrs for a pair of boots even if the guys who are sold out would take my order.

That I understand. Same with me and even if I felt I had the time, I'd forget what the hell I'd ordered before it arrived. Besides that, though the lines and and general construction of boots I like is constant, my tastes in colors and adornments evolves.

Tex Robin is around a two year wait; D. W. Frommer, semi retired is at three years and Lee Miller is so backed up (3-4) years, they are no longer taking new customers. All makers I would love to have boots from, but unless a pair that fits me pops up on the bay, I'll never own any.

That I understand. Same with me and even if I felt I had the time, I'd forget what the hell I'd ordered before it arrived.
No need to have the best lookin pair of boots among the wheelchair Cowboys in the nursing home!

I had to put my mom in assisted living this past Jan. After doing that I told my wife that if the day ever comes that our kids are coming to take me to one, if she will just tip me off beforehand I'll take care of it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe