Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Check out these old Nocona's. I've never seen this pattern in person.

2v8lg68.jpg

Wow! Nocona used to do some decent inlay work and stitching but I've never seen anything like that.
I've seen that type of collar before but I've never seen that crowned eagle or whatever it is. I have no other info to know if these were a one-off custom boot order or production boots. They are supposed to be 1940's.

Killer boots Jack!

I've laid eyes on the black and white version, or rather black and natural. The wingtips and inlays were un-dyed lizard, and the natural markings were visible. I have a pair of black and red ones I bought back in the early 90s, but the trim is smooth cowhide. The Crown-Vic model as opposed to thr Lincoln, I suppose. Can't wear them any more - they were always a slim fitting boot with a narrower shafts than anything else I've ever owned. A half size of foot gained and a broken ankle about 10 years ago made them impossible to get on. I wore the crap out of them back then, though. They've been resoled several times. I've hung onto them for sentimental reasons more than anything else. Maybe one of my sons will want to wear them some day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Killer boots Jack!

I've laid eyes on the black and white version, or rather black and natural. The wingtips and inlays were un-dyed lizard, and the natural markings were visible. I have a pair of black and red ones I bought back in the early 90s, but the trim is smooth cowhide. The Crown-Vic model as opposed to thr Lincoln, I suppose. Can't wear them any more - they were always a slim fitting boot with a narrower shafts than anything else I've ever owned. A half size of foot gained and a broken ankle about 10 years ago made them impossible to get on. I wore the crap out of them back then, though. They've been resoled several times. I've hung onto them for sentimental reasons more than anything else. Maybe one of my sons will want to wear them some day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Un-dyed lizard with natural markings sounds interesting. I know there are ringtail lizards & all of that but I can't identity them from one another.

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
Just got off the phone with the gentleman at Paul Bond, my boots should ship in the next two days. He said all that's left is to sand and dye the heels.

Ordered May 6, so tomorrow is right at 8 weeks. With tomorrow being Friday and Monday being a holiday I'm guessing they might ship Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

I noticed the window trim also. If that's piping I was thinking it would pucker being such a tight circumfrence & all. I couldn't find any reference to the stitch pattern or the collar. The color always makes me think of Lucchese but I don't think they ever made a boot like that. I'm wondering if it could be Champion Attitude or one of the spinoffs?

I don't do any Facebook so since the move there I'm out. Just as well.

I've seen the window trim done that way but few do it. If Champion did those, it would be the finest pair ever made by them and it's been a long time since I've seen a spur shelf on a Lucchese. I have a Facebook account but have never posted anything, all I've ever done is follow that forum. Not sure I'd know how to even post a photo.

Here are some boots made by Chad Little that show that window detail.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I've seen the window trim done that way but few do it.
Now that I have seen your picture I have seen it done before too. I guess it was the white window collar behind the piping that was throwing me off.

The boot appears to have more arch than the typical Valley boot. Between the stirrup & the spur strap you can't see much. It may just remain a mystery for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe