Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Hat Gallery

dr greg

One Too Many
why sure

Jerekson said:
Hey Greg, could we see some more pictures of that hat?
I mentioned it here
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=474442#post474442
and the latest results are....it looks faded at the front of the crown but that's reflection from the flash...the thing is mint as new
xmas015sl3.jpg

xmas016hj9.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
indycop said:
If I use something on the leather will it make it shiny and non vintage looking, Or do I leave it alone until absolutely necessary?

I think for a really vintage look the dried out, less cared for approach is better, but personally I hate neglecting a fine leather article that way. The Pecard's sounds good. I've also had good luck with "Blackrock Leather N Rich".

http://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=blk-rock

It feels a bit sticky when first applied but it gives a really nice patina. Maybe a touch darker than before application, so best to test on a small hidden area.

pgoat

One Too Many
On a slightly askew Holiday topic..........just to share - we had some friends over for drinks on Christmas Eve and I brought up my hats (and the FL) and some of our guests - who are quite fashion conscious and well dressed - stated they love fedoras and asked to see mine. I pulled a few out (a new Borsalino and an old Knox 15) and made with the promo talk. There were a few teens there as well so hopefully I made a few converts!!!:D

Now that I think of it, I should have posted this in the "Fedoras aren't sexy" thread......:rolleyes:

ideaguy

One Too Many
J.T.-Terrific hat for an elegant woman! The two of you will cut a rug with
your fashion sense, and now the Missus' new crown; are you planning on
going out New Years' Eve to show the young whippersnappers just how it's
REALLY done??
best wishes M

carter

I'll Lock Up
Spiffy!

Mr. Lucky said:
Here's one -

xmas07.jpg

Jeff, Terrific hat. You need (well maybe not need), to show us that hat with a three-piece suit including your pocket watch in the ensemble. Spats and an umbrella or walking stick?

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
carter said:

Jeff, Terrific hat. You need (well maybe not need), to show us that hat with a three-piece suit including your pocket watch in the ensemble. Spats and an umbrella or walking stick?
Thanks for the compliments, Carter. As for the suit, well, I've always been more this -

post_o2.jpg

Than this -

3373790.jpg

BUT, I may surprise ya sometime! Merry Christmas, Carter!

carter

I'll Lock Up
There's always a 1st time.

Mr. Lucky said:
Thanks for the compliments, Carter. As for the suit, well, I've always been more this -

post_o2.jpg

Than this -

3373790.jpg

BUT, I may surprise ya sometime! Merry Christmas, Carter!

I love surprises! Back atcha, Jeff!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Everyone looks wonderful in their new hats! :eusa_clap

This doesn't really qualify for this thread, but you said you wanted to see it. Here's my first gift (to me, no less) that's hat-related. It arrived in the mail today:

It's an antique hat measuring tool.

hat_measuring_tool.jpg

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Okay, I know it's not technically a Christmas hat, but I had to post these anyway. This is back in Maine for the holidays, my son's first 'real' snow (South Dakota snow doesn't count, it all blows away!), and I wore my trusty Federation the WHOLE time. Loved it! We had enough snow this year back home that I had to use snow shoes in my grandparents' back yard!

2145832374_fc71bb6f36.jpg

2145038925_009f18cc68.jpg

Happy Holidays! Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld