Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Hat Gallery

Marty M.

Vendor
Lotsa love.

Vintage Betty said:
'Cuz you guys are SO NICE to invite me back, I will post a teaser of another item I got, before I post my second gift (I have a pic from the seller, but the actual item hasn't arrived yet).

Stay tuned...

Vintage Betty

:whistling :whistling :whistling Oh sorry, I'm just waiting here. :whistling :whistling :D .
Marty Mathis

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marty M. said:
:whistling :whistling :whistling Oh sorry, I'm just waiting here. :whistling :whistling :D .
Marty Mathis

Nice tune!

Sorry, I kept procrastinating today. I'll post the tiny item and the other gift tomorrow. I found out that it will be another week before it gets here.

VB

Edward

Bartender
indycop said:
I got a U.S. Wings indy in vintage cowhide for Christmas!:D Now if my AB would just get back.:eek:

...and it looks great too. :) Seems to me an Indy style ould be hard to pass up on those occasions where an A2 just isn't quite the thing. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
...and it looks great too. :) Seems to me an Indy style ould be hard to pass up on those occasions where an A2 just isn't quite the thing. ;)
For me the only problem with the A2 is if you are not skinny it seems the fabric on the bottom isn't flattering.:eusa_doh:

Edward

Bartender
indycop said:
For me the only problem with the A2 is if you are not skinny it seems the fabric on the bottom isn't flattering.:eusa_doh:

:eek:fftopic:

Yeah, I know what you mean - I thought for years that I didn't like A2s, wrote them off as makin g me look a lot bigger than I really am. Combination of the waistband and shape of the jacket. Course, that was before I discovered the proper, war-time ft of a real A2 as opposed to the blousier modern fits! ;)

Vintage Betty

Ok, here's a tiny gift to myself, and I have more if you are interested in buying or trading for one for yourself:

Hat Gauge

hat_gauge_small.JPG

Vintage Betty

RBH said:
That is really neat VB, as I already said the eBay sellers need these tools!:D

Thank you Mr. RBH! Someone PM'd me with a question, so I thought I'd post the Q & A here:

**** said:
Hi VB,

That is a neat looking gauge, but how would or does it work?

I wish I was brilliant, and could tell you! :D

I bought a group of these from a seller, and I think it's missing a piece on the front of each one. But the back has a pull out piece of metal (brass I believe) which is a measuring stick. If I am eyeing this correctly, there is probably a piece of brass on the front that corresponds with the back pull-out piece. My intention was to format a piece of brass or metal and tack it on; playing with it until I got something rigged up.

...But I'd love to see a complete one for comparison. Does anyone have one I could take a look-see at?

VB

Edward

Bartender
How long is the measuring piece that's there?

Looks like a useful little device. Heck, even the measurements and corresponding sizing it gives would be very useful, given how many eBay sellers list the front to back and side to side dimensions but don't know the given sizing (also useful in cases of hat shrinkage or stretching to calculate new size if different from that labelled).

Vintage Betty

Edward said:
I'm maybe misreading, but by any chance was the missing piece a ruler of some sort, to measure the hat front to back and side to side, thus acquiring the measurements given on the piece pictured which then gives away the size?

I don't know...[huh]

Let me rig up a completely cheap and crummy example to show you my version...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
:eek:fftopic:

Yeah, I know what you mean - I thought for years that I didn't like A2s, wrote them off as makin g me look a lot bigger than I really am. Combination of the waistband and shape of the jacket. Course, that was before I discovered the proper, war-time ft of a real A2 as opposed to the blousier modern fits! ;)
Do you have one!? If you do are there pics here somewhere?
I don't hav the wartime body to go with a wartime jacket either though.:( :eusa_doh:
I want to get a decent A2 this year, maybe during the summer they would be less expensive.

Vintage Betty

This is for all you nice fellas that cheered me on. (The lurkers of this thread can now avert their eyes). This is the other item which should arrive next week:

Cummins1.jpg

Cummins2.jpg

Cummins3.jpg

Cummins4.jpg

Vintage Betty

feltfan said:
The initial machine is awesome. I am so jealous.

Here is another ruler like the one you bought,
recently sold on OFAS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=114&item=220185972624

Maybe the pictures will help? I didn't buy it, so I
can only offer the listing.

Thanks! I saw that, but the price was higher than I wanted to pay. Hey, wanna come over and play leather punching with my new machine? i've even got scrap leather to play with. :D

Vintage Betty

Marty M.

Vendor
One out of two ain't bad.

Vintage Betty said:
I wish I was brilliant, and could tell you! :D
VB

Brilliance and beauty aren't always in the same package. But hey VB, at least you have one of the two. All I ended up with is nice clothes ;) . Thanks for posting the hat measuring tool.
Marty Mathis

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
This is for all you nice fellas that cheered me on. (The lurkers of this thread can now avert their eyes). This is the other item which should arrive next week:

pics

Sweet! I've never seen one of those before. *green with envy* :D

Vintage Betty

Marty M. said:
Brilliance and beauty aren't always in the same package. But hey VB, at least you have one of the two. All I ended up with is nice clothes ;) . Thanks for posting the hat measuring tool.
Marty Mathis

Hmmm...which one did I get??:rolleyes: :D Careful now.....

Your nice clothes are cool. And maybe you have one of the two too! lol

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty, That initial machine has got to be the envy of every collector in the Lounge!
Good manners almost keep me from asking:
1. Where did you find it?
2. How much did it cost?
(I said "almost.") :) :) :) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe