Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Hat Gallery

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:
Vintage Betty, That initial machine has got to be the envy of every collector in the Lounge!
Good manners almost keep me from asking:
1. Where did you find it?
2. How much did it cost?
(I said "almost.") :) :) :) :)

Mr.J.T. -
You always have good manners :)

I have been searching for one for about two months, so I took my time with what I wanted.

I won't disclose what I paid, but did pay a bit more than I anticipated, because I purchased it off a mechanical expert who tested it for me, and reported on its condition and was quite honest. He also took additional pictures for me and was very nice to work with. I felt very comfortable with his website, and his expertise. The machine is not as nice as some I've seen, but I don't buy tools because they are "pretty". I'm much more interested in the tool being functional.

According to another expert, these turn up on a regular basis and run $50-80 US dollars. Note my machine weighed 17 pounds, so shipping should be considered. One sold on ebay recently for $150.

Hope this helps

Vintage Betty

mingoslim

Practically Family

Edward

Bartender
indycop said:
Do you have one!? If you do are there pics here somewhere?
I don't hav the wartime body to go with a wartime jacket either though.:( :eusa_doh:
I want to get a decent A2 this year, maybe during the summer they would be less expensive.

Heh. I don't think many of us do! I don't have an A2 just yet (only a 1980s "bomber jacket" which is (vaguely) inspired by the A2), but it's definitely a high priority. I'm moving soem stuff around ta the minute so as I can justify the purchase, but I've been looking into it for a while now and I'm probably going to go with an Aero. The one decision left for now is whether to go for the oil-pull horse or go for the "real deal" model and save myself £60 / $120, which is a fair chunk of the price of a CBI Field Modified, which I also fancy....

Back on the subject of Christmas hats, at the weekend I bashed the Akubra Federation Deluxe that I bought just before Christmas. I had rounghly a Radiers bash in mind, though I think I prefer to wear the back of the brim snapped up:

010.jpg
011.jpg

014.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
My first new, unmodified fedora arrived in the mail a couple weeks before Christmas - a gray Dobbs from "hatsinthebelfry.com." It is called, appropriately enough, the Dobbs Gray Fedora. I love it and am starting to feel naked if I leave the house without it.

It was just the thing to liven up the otherwise bleak week before exams.

-Dave

Edward

Bartender
Indycop: Thanks... I was probably squinting in the flash - sans glasses too (I'm a vain old bird, I know...). lol

Thanks, Marty. :)

David: Just wait til you find yourself dressing from the hat down.... ;)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Mine finally made it to me...

More than a month after the fact, my Christmas hat is finally at hand. It's not a particularly fine grade of Panama, which is exactly what I wanted because of the more open weave. I was looking for good ventilation. Here it is:
100_0683.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
RBH said:
Looks good Kilroy! Did you get it from Robert?
Also where is the photo of it on???:D
No, I didn't get it from Robert. My brother ordered it for me (remember, it was a Christmas gift) from a dealer on eBay. I'll get a shot of it on my head soon. I had just finished steaming the brim when I took that shot. The front was turned up, so I had to remedy that.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
RBH said:
Great hat anyway. Robert does sell on E-Bay so it is still possible.

If you are like me... I have been getting my straws out... wishing for warmer weather.:D
It was someone with the seller ID of Borges24 or something like that. He operates "Bolivia Mall" and "Equador Mall". Yeah, I could use some warm weather too, but getting out the straws and wishing hasn't done the trick yet. It's still cold!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yet another beauty, Tom and Art. Is the ribbon navy blue? I'm getting hungry for another work of Art myself, but it's so hard to choose which color. I love all of them. And then there's the pain of the wait.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
This photograph isn't intended to win any prizes in the art department, however it contains quite obvious messages.

003.jpg

Perhaps a roundabout manner in which to wish all board members and visitors a Happy Christmas, having herewith now pretty much gone 'round the world.

Silverbelly in the box is awaiting a peaceful bashing in camp, wherein it has been drafted.

RBH

Bartender
PabloElFlamenco said:
This photograph isn't intended to win any prizes in the art department, however it contains quite obvious messages.

003.jpg

Perhaps a roundabout manner in which to wish all board members and visitors a Happy Christmas, having herewith now pretty much gone 'round the world.

Silverbelly in the box is awaiting a peaceful bashing in camp, wherein it has been drafted.
we are waiting!!!!!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe