Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheers to Bookster (tweed sample photos)

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
I've recently been on a spree of ordering tweed samples from Bookster, and I can't describe how helpful they have been. One can order four samples at a time free of charge and they even include a few samples of satin lining cloth for comparison. For future reference and the general diffusion of knowledge, I took pictures of all 8 tweed samples I have alongside all 6 liner samples.

To start with, here is their Charcoal Herringbone:

With "damson" lining
IMG_1222.jpg

With what I believe to be "claret" lining, though it could be "scarlet"
IMG_1225.jpg

With "antique gold"
IMG_1227.jpg

With "royal"
IMG_1228.jpg

With "gold"
IMG_1234.jpg

And lastly, with "olive"
IMG_1232.jpg

Thanks for looking. If anybody wants more, I have seven other samples to display in a similar manner. Thanks again to the folks at Bookster for making it so simple to compare these fabrics.

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
JimInSoCalif said:
Which combination do you prefer?

I prefer the more subdued antique gold, especially against the charcoal. The regular gold looks good against the greener tweeds I have, but it's still a little too flashy for my taste.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
I'd probably go with the antique gold.

I have one of their Glen plaid jackets. They recommended the claret lining, because, the Glen has a very subtle red, in the pattern. It came out very nicely. I was worried that red would be too flashy, but the claret is very nice with it.

Look at it this way, it's for you. Nobody really sees the lining of your coat, unless it's very windy, or you are reaching for your wallet.

After looking at your swatches. I may have to add a charcoal, or mid-grey herringbone as my next jacket. (do you have the mid-gray to compare to the charcoal?)

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Lone_Ranger said:
(do you have the mid-gray to compare to the charcoal?)

I do indeed. Pending good weather I'll take some comparison pictures. Would you like some liner colors thrown in there?

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
KeyGrip said:
I do indeed. Pending good weather I'll take some comparison pictures. Would you like some liner colors thrown in there?

Sure, thanks.

I'm leaning toward antique gold, claret, and maybe olive lining. Depends on which one looks best with the tweed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe