Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling all Danes and Swedes! (Heptown.com/Hepcat related)

Speedster

Practically Family
I read the article in Politiken 8 April. Good article on Lindy Hop. Just too bad
it has not reached my town yet. Would like to take it up together with my wife.

And a nice little piece about Hammelby as well.

Looking forward to reading the weekly strip in Politiken.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Hullo, another Dane here. Tinseltown pointed me in this direction so I thought I'd chime in.
I'm a bit torn between decades - I've always mostly been a 1960s fan and I still am when it comes to music, pop culture, politics, but on the other hand I adore the fashion, style and architecture of the 20s to early 50s.
I would love to learn lindy hop though, but I can't persuade my boyfriend to go with me because he's mostly into garage psych kind of stuff.
Well, nice to meet you all! :)

Speedster

Practically Family
Jamen dog. Endnu en dansker. Velkommen til ShringkingViolet.

The rest of us are living and/or working in Copenhagen. Whereabouts are you?

I would also like to learn Lindy Hop, but i think that i am more keen to learn it than my wife.

If your boyfriend in mostly in to garage psych then the path is open to psychobilly and then gradually into rockabilly and the dances jitterbug and the forerunner lindy hop. He could even develop his own phychobilly lindy hop.;) That could be cool.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
It seems like you danish are the most vintage loving people in Scandinavia, judging by the representation on TFL. I wonder why?

Am I the only Norwegian here?

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
P?¶nt tak for velkomsten!
Speedster, heh, well, yes, sometimes the appreciation of one subculture can lead to another and then you get all these strange crossover phenomenons.
Don't think psychobilly is a possibility though! :)
I think my own fascination with lindy hop started because of my love for 60s Northern Soul. It's associated with a lot of crazy acrobatic dancing (at least for the purists) so that kind of lead me on to lindy hop ... dunno if there really is a connection, though.

I'm in Copenhagen too, by the way.
Helen, I'm surprised too, I always except Swedes to be big on the whole retro thing, certainly not us boring Danes (with all respect).

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Newspaper article

Spitfire said:
G'damn - I was out of the country that sunday. Did not catch it.
Much obliged, ladies and gents.
But have no fear pdf is here!

l_0bd45c79b1bd26efaf2b4b9b99a97578.jpg

I managed to get hold of a pdf copy of that article,
and uploaded it here

The pictures came out nicely, it was certainly a great boost for Lindy Hop and for my free agent biz ;)

PS. Welcome shrinking violet to the FL!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Hammelby said:
Much obliged, ladies and gents.
But have no fear pdf is here!

l_0bd45c79b1bd26efaf2b4b9b99a97578.jpg

I managed to get hold of a pdf copy of that article,
and uploaded it here

The pictures came out nicely, it was certainly a great boost for Lindy Hop and for my free agent biz ;)

PS. Welcome shrinking violet to the FL!
Fantastisk!
Må snart få mig taget sammen til det Lindy der.
Speedster - Håber du kan få din kone overtalt hehe.

Hammelby - Hvornår begynder dit samarbejde med Politikken? Var det en tegenserie over din tur til Hollywood, oder?

Hej ShrinkingViolet! *waves*

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Tak for rosen d´herrer og damer.

Yep, day of departure for SoCal is closing in, im looking for a flight that leaves around the 23 april. I have actually allready booked a visit at Johns place in Covina for BarBQ the 26 of May :essen:

The comic/storyboard/hollywood-travel-diary strip. Ill let you know more, im negotioating w. the paper right now, and have to deliver a pilot by tuesday. I really should be get going and do that comic right now :) so ill find myself a nice cafe and park my behind there for the rest of the day.

HEy speedster, du burde få Signe og Lasse til at komme ud til din hood og sprede det glade budskab. Hvis du kunne få mobiliseret dine naboer og andet godtfolk så¨kommer de :) De har en mission.. at få jer at swinge!
Du finder hans mail her: http://www.swingportalen.dk/Kalender.html

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Safe journey - blue skies

Hi hammelby
Have a safe journey over there - and all the best of luck with your future project.
Stay cool - fly high.
And remember: The sky is not the limit. The Ground is!;)

Speedster

Practically Family
BON VOYAGE

God rejse Hammelby, and take care.

Re the lindy hop idea you suggested, i'm afraid that it will not work. All my neighbours are into "tysk schlagermusik" og "danstop".:eek:

Looking forward to reading about your exploits.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
God rejse, God's speed eller hvad man nu siger....:eek:
Keep us updated - on the trip.. and where and when to fidn your strips in Politikken. :)

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Bye - p?• gensyn

Thank you all! I promise never to yeild and to fight hard.

BTW! The contract was signed with Politiken today, so see you in the paper the next 11 weeks!!
Ill post the date for the first issue (i think it will be sunday the 6th of May).
The name for the comic will be "Flugten til Hollywood" (The escape to Hollywood).

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Since this is a thread for Danes...

My Wife and I are looking for accomodation(rental or andel/buy) in the KBH/City area, preferably Vesterbro/Valby or Frederiksberg. Our Daughter has a daycare mom at the junction of these areas and it would be nice to keep her.

Unfortunately, our long lease here, just off Istedgade has been cut short...

Thanks,

B
T

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe