Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling all Danes and Swedes! (Heptown.com/Hepcat related)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hei og velkommen Chickpea.

As others have said I am another "Norwegian" member, currently up in Bod?? but moving down to Trondheim next week. I'm what my fianc?©e calls a Niwi (Norwegian Kiwi) :D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Hammelby said:
Thanks Speedster. Please do keep a lookout for the comic, i am
allready gathering funny observations and reflections on L.A. life.

The date is officially set for the comic.
Scene 1, will be published sunday, 20th of May in Politiken.
See you :)

Hope the Yanks treats you well, Hammelby;)
Like your new avatar.
All the best over there - in the colonies.:D

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I have to say I rally don't know anything about the "scene" in Norway, I don't think I'm a part of it. My only "vintage scene" is the LARP scene, (levende rollespill/laiv p?• norsk, en slags rollelek/ full improvisasjons teater) where I seek out the ones with historical inspiration.

But I know there are many swing dancing clubs and such around the country, so that might be the place to look for vintage friends?

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Hammelby said:
Thanks Speedster. Please do keep a lookout for the comic, i am
allready gathering funny observations and reflections on L.A. life.

The date is officially set for the comic.
Scene 1, will be published sunday, 20th of May in Politiken.
See you :)
That's fantastic! I will be keeping my eyes open for sure! :D

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
I think it's so swell (had to use that 50's lingo ;)) that we are so many scandinaves here. :eusa_clap
IMO we should definately make an all-scandinavian get-together sometime in the future...
As far as I remember, it isn't insanely expensive to go to Denmark from Norway or Sweden...and the other way around. You girls (and one guy) from Norway and Sweden HAVE to come!

I actually have a great idea - We could all go to Hepcat Café at Studenterhuset and learn some Lindy Hop! I for one am dying to try it now... Especially after reading the spread in Politikken. I have never tried it and I have two left feet...but still!
I wanna be able to swing to some good ol' Glenn Miller. :D

What do you guys say? Does it sound like fun and something you'd participate in sometime in the future?? (Next few months are really hectic for me)

:eek: :D

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Hey folks

Sounds cool that you guys are thinking of an scandinavian gettogether!
I just wanted to say "Hej de damer og herrer" og at jeg har det godt i Kamerika.

I went to the Derby (a famous lindy night club) and guess who i stumbled into? Matt Decard, Wildroot, Chris and Kat :)
The next day they gave me the vintage shopping tour, and boy did i get some HOT clothes! (and i found out that i have the ideal size too). I also went on a unforgettable ride in Wildroots 1946 Plymouth. What a wonderfull car!

Ok. My blog on Politiken is officially "on air", please write a comment there me if you'd like!

http://hollywood.weblog.dk/

Best regards,
onkel rejsende hammelby

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
This thread is all dead. :(
C'mon people.. POST!

Well anyways, Hammelby... I saw your storyboard-strip in Politikken today - Very cool! :eusa_clap
I read your blog just now and I was all :eek: at those punks calling you Hitler...WTF?
Do you get a lot of comments like that on your style?
Sorry to hear about that shark dude.. It would have been awesome if he was genuine... I hope you run into Spielberg next time you're in Starbucks! ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I was at the Bryan Ferry concert last night in Tivoli, Copenhagen. It was SUPER!!!!! The best concert I have been to since Pink Floyd.
He's giving a concert in Stockholm tomorrow and Oslo the day after.
It looks like there are still tickets. Go see it!!!!!!;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like fun Spitfire.

I've always wanted to see Pink Floyd play so bit jealous of that as well!

The Who are playing at Quart this year and i am seriously tempted to go down there to see them...

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Hi guys and gals.
I couldnt help peeking on this thread.

Alpine vintage, that sounds good!
Here some people are planning vintage gold washing camp :D ha ha

Take care back home.
Miss scandinavia.. just a bit ;)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
tumbleweed.gif

Staff online