Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso's New Californian half belt, a new release I think.

Mark

Practically Family
Platon banned from VLJ??? This is crazy and too bad to hear. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... Must be a Mad Greek thing :D;)

In seriousness, I've always found both Andy and Platon to be very good to work with and no communication issues whatsoever. I've been willing to put up with all the surrounding noise because I think they arguably offer the best value on the market. You could go to Gino's for a decent steak, but in your heart of hearts you know the abuse Pat's dishes out is offset by his steaks!!

I'll keep y'all posted on how my order ends up; but I'm going to remain optimistic
This is probably me being paranoid but do you think this will have some negative impact on us guys who are awaiting jackets?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Mark, I can't imagine at all. If anything I think this just gives them the opportunity to show and prove. No more talkin'

Mark

Practically Family
Agree guys, the proofs in the pudding so to speak, they make beautiful jackets no question. Perhaps showing BK jacket pics will be all the promoting they will need.

trapp

Practically Family
That could be an interesting model for an affiliate thread: pics of jackets only (with basic specs) and no commentary on either end. Just showcasing the wares and letting photos alone drive hype.

I suggest you speak to JeffM...

Yes Jeff took it tough for quite awhile..and there was another member here several years ago that battled it out with Andy on a thread. This customer listed specifics about his displeasure with a jacket from BK...but Andy blamed it on him throughout the many posts until just about everyone(here at the time) had enough. I tried to find the locked thread..but evidently it has since been deleted. No jacket company is perfect..but belittling a dissatisfied customer in public can be very revealing(not in a good way)...especially when the customer didn't come across as out of line.
HD

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agree guys, the proofs in the pudding so to speak, they make beautiful jackets no question. Perhaps showing BK jacket pics will be all the promoting they will need.

Didn't everyone have this conversation last year: "Well, as soon somebody actually gets a BK and posts pics we'll all know how great they are."
Or was it the year before?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Between here and VLJ, there are several full-on reviews with fit pics. Just not as many as everyone wants.

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
Between here and VLJ, there are several full-on reviews with fit pics. Just not as many as everyone wants.

I think I've seen one BK half-belt review here. I really need to see a few good solid reviews, with fit pics, before I could ever consider shelling out the dosh for one. Come on BK half-belt owners, let's see them if you're out there, please!

yakima

One of the Regulars
BK undoubtedly make very cool jackets. We have all seen photographic evidence of that.

But they all seem (IMHO) like one offs.

They always seem to have just run out of one kind of hide, or are waiting for the next one.

It is like they have one piece of skin at any one time.

I see some of you guys ordering jackets based on photos of jackets they have previously shown in pics.

And I hear of potential customers being told that the hide they want just ran out.

I wish I was brave enough to give them an order....

Good luck to the guys braver than me....:)

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is my 2 cents. BK started out with very affordable jackets made of rather ordinary leather. Their workmanship has always been very good. They seem to have this obsession with creating a worn look on their A-2 jackets. Most if not all of their A-2s are heavily creased. Then came the transition to higher end market where they put even more effort into getting that old and worn looks with new leather, even more worn than the Time Worn of Eastman. These newer leather look creased, dry with all kinds of very obvious mis-matched markings/grains etc but the most important thing is they are not for everybody (I have a friend who returned a Victory Horsehide A-2s because they look too worn out and mis-matched and there are others who commented that it looks like it was crumpled and trashed) , at least not for the mainstream manufacturers of leather jackets. When one order something that is so different from the mainstream and only in very small quantity, there is no wonder they would not be readily available.

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
SLAB, thx for posting this. That modified collar looks real sharp, and makes me glad I opted for no throat tab on mine (I did however stick with the standard shape, but you're making second guess that :) ).

Care to share your thoughts on your ordering experience and/or product quality?

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

That is quite a jacket in the other thread, I think he won.

I can speak to the jacket, but not the maker. Threads about BK are always most interesting including the threads on my jacket.

But they all seem (IMHO) like one offs.

I think that also. I bought mine from the original owner, but I have seen very few for sale. I have never seen another Duke. Mine is the Duke pictured on their Facebook page. There is also a picture of the Wingman which I think is very handsome cut. I'm happy to have the Duke and wear it out often as need allows. I don't know that they make many jackets, maybe people just hold on to them. Mine isn't for sale. I'd think about another if one came along, but they just don't.

If you want to see pics go to their facebook page. They lay out some nice leather.

Here are some more pics of the Duke.

DSC08770.JPG
DSC08776.JPG
DSC08780.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82