Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso dark seal Liberty horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Superfluous has no conscience. He won't hesitate to shoot fish in a barrel.

Looks like BK picked the wrong man to cross. I understand that some people will see this as piling on, but this is exactly what you get when you choose to engage in this type of internet back and forth. The reality is that @Superfluous has exposed what many have assumed, that BK says one thing publicly and another in "private." (What lawyers call "evidence-mail")

I was called out myself a few months ago (perhaps for good reason) when I got after people who were accusing Horween of lying about their leather, calling it full-grain when it wasn't, changing their drying methods and covering that up, etc... And now here we have an idea as to where some of those rumors may have started. Are we to believe that they've only emailed this type of information to only one person?

It's truly a shame, as we need more great jacket makers, not fewer. Hopefully they can somehow turn around this enormous public relations disaster.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think zhz has just shown the flaw in BK's predictable rubbishing of Aero's Hercules design: there are so many variations of the design that no one design is definitive. And just for clarity's sake, the Herc that Aero's is based on hangs in the showroom, so they've had plenty of time to check their pattern against it.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Superfluous is wrong about the zipper on chest pocket. There are lots photos, original jacket show that O-ring zipper been used on Hercules jacket that BK copied.

That's exactly the point, he was being a bit tongue in cheek there, I believe. There are MANY MANY different Hercules designs, and yet he likes to say that his is the only one that's accurate. Even more to the point, which everyone seems to forget, is that BK makes TWO different Hercules jackets themselves.

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
Update: Some immoral and wicked people are trying with shameless lies to damage our reputation. They say now that our Heracles jacket is not accurate to the original because, as they say, we used the "wrong" breast zipper, i.e. O-ring type instead of ball chain. Really??? Let's see some originals. (please see below). Please do not believe ANYTHING those people say. 100 words out of the 10 that come out of their mouths are lies. We produce and sell top rated products. Our Heracles is flawless. It is the best Hercules "fancy back" replica made by anyone at any price. Believe your eyes, don't believe their lies.

More nonsense direct from the BK Facebook page. Now I just feel sorry for them and want to give them a big hug and make all the pain go away.
I repeat: KEEP QUIET PLEASE!

Are you kidding me..?? This Facebook fiasco is still going on..?? They have absolutely no concept..and it's quite obvious they never will..of how revealingly immature and un-business like their continuing remarks come across to outside observers. Seems their adolescent Facebook conversation with mainly those that have no perception of the discussion here is only to gain 'likes' and sympathy with more one sided on going BK self glorification. Never seen anything like it..but you can be assured that it will continue. :p:eusa_doh:[huh]

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Everyone here shut up, myself included, BK included, and let's start today with a new leaf. I think at this point we're adding fire to fire for our own kicks, rather than to really solve anything or add any form of positivity to the world.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Judge: You stand accused of treason, murder, kidnapping, and jaywalking. How do you plead?

The Accused: The jaywalking charge is a shameless lie advanced by wicked and immoral people.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Everyone here shut up, myself included, BK included, and let's start today with a new leaf. I think at this point we're adding fire to fire for our own kicks, rather than to really solve anything or add any form of positivity to the world.

Yes. I'd prefer to talk about the products. I get enough of the lawyering in my day work.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Last year i ordered a BK A2, it all went to crap, as they ended up sending me a stock jacket instead of using the measurements i had specified and i ended up sending it back!
Already back then their attitude had a lot to do with me asking them for a refund instead of a remake, the constant "we are the best, have the beast leather", (oh wait, this new leather is actually the best leather) was really a turn off.

Now i am so happy i don't own anything from them, i would probably give that jacket to a charity store! They really are horrible people to deal with...

A-1

One Too Many
Sad but true Carlos!
I like my jacket but am seriously considering to trade it in for an AL or AERO.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
In my opinion, once you start getting into special leather jackets (Aero, AL, goodwear) or special jeans ( Iron Heart, Lawless) or any kind of special clothes, you kind of form some sort of emotional bond with whatever clothes you wear.

A nice leather jacket becomes a part of you, so does a well worn pair of heavy denim jeans, personally i could not own and wear something made by a company like BK or Lawless!
Every time i'd put it on i would think about who made it, and how much i hate what they stand for and the little moral they have, it would literally ruin all the pleasure i get from having such nice unique garments in the first place.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think zhz has just shown the flaw in BK's predictable rubbishing of Aero's Hercules design: there are so many variations of the design that no one design is definitive. And just for clarity's sake, the Herc that Aero's is based on hangs in the showroom, so they've had plenty of time to check their pattern against it.

Just to back this one, here's Aero's Herc:

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I will, Sloan. Will be in Scotland this summer. Got some time to decide.

A1, I have not commented as I actually find it quite sad to watch as BK alienate a ready customer base. However, I would give it plenty of thought before trading your jacket. It looks great on you.

Hopefully this will all blow over and BK will moderate their marketing strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe