Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso "Cuoio" Aeronaut natural Badalassi

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Me too, the "orange" one looks very nice and for that price you can't go too wrong. I am very tempted, gonna have to do some measuring first.

So long as you are aware all the jackets in the worn photos, are not the jackets being sold, the ones on the sofa are the ones being sold - I didn't get that when i first looked at the site.

They do offer some type 1 and type 2 leather jackets in their other listings. Browsing I notice a lounger or two in some photos on their other listings, not the best of business practices really...

And to take this thread full circle, The jacket the OP wears in this listing looks a great fit, what happended to that one? :)

Mark

Practically Family
^
Thanks for that, got cold feet and decided to give it a miss. I do like this style of jacket just a shame Aero & BK charge so much, more than I am comfortable spending really. SB do one at a good price but the collar doesn't look quite right to me.

I really think buying a cheap knockoff is a bad idea for a fit jacket. Apart from the expense, the cuts might be different. Funny how they offer a Canuck too.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
As an update: my "fit" jacket is off to the new owner, and I'm now in position to try this again.

I'm planning to size down or have the same size modified with a slight taper at the waist (and reduced sleeve and body length). Sure, it's going to cost me more in the end, but such are the strains of this crazy hobby. And in the end I'll get exactly what I've been after. (Then, when I'm bored with it in a year, I'll unload it in an obsession over something else haha)

Not to worry, though, I made up the difference on my purchase this swell new watch- just as good as the real mccoy!
img54.jpg

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Awesome jacket. I want a couple of his jackets.

I could see this plain veg tan leather working well with his motorcycle styles once it ages to the honey brown.

I like the victory horse hide too.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
ton312 said:
I was this close...got scared when I looked at their other offerings. If somebody ends up with one they have to post it up.

So I did put in an order for one of these when the offer was on again recently.

Took a bit longer than expected to arrive but did arrive safely couple of weeks ago and is a very nice jacket for the price. The leather is super soft but reasonably substantial and weighty, the wooden buttons are a nice touch.

If I were picky the only down point I could fine was one of the inside pockets seems to have some inner lining stitching running through one corner - I don't know if this is part of the 'design' or a mistake but it just means one of the inside pockets isn't a square shaped pocket, so not really a big issue.

The fit is quite trim and more so for me in the shoulders - It fits but only over a t-shirt, and given its not a super light jacket I don't know how much wear it would get. I've been on the fence with it for a week or so as to whether to keep it or not as I was hoping it would be more of a summer weight jacket, but its a bit too heavy/substantial for that.

I'll try to upload some photos later.

So I did put in an order for one of these when the offer was on again recently.

Took a bit longer than expected to arrive but did arrive safely couple of weeks ago and is a very nice jacket for the price. The leather is super soft but reasonably substantial and weighty, the wooden buttons are a nice touch.

If I were picky the only down point I could fine was one of the inside pockets seems to have some inner lining stitching running through one corner - I don't know if this is part of the 'design' or a mistake but it just means one of the inside pockets isn't a square shaped pocket, so not really a big issue.

The fit is quite trim and more so for me in the shoulders - It fits but only over a t-shirt, and given its not a super light jacket I don't know how much wear it would get. I've been on the fence with it for a week or so as to whether to keep it or not as I was hoping it would be more of a summer weight jacket, but its a bit too heavy/substantial for that.

I'll try to upload some photos later.
Oh man I'd love to see it. I had it in my cart all ready to go and then chickened out.

Thing is- The BK and Thedi are different jackets. Knowing how you like the cut and fit of your cross-zips, I think the Thedi is a better match for you. This BK jacket has a different fit.

Thing is- The BK and Thedi are different jackets. Knowing how you like the cut and fit of your cross-zips, I think the Thedi is a better match for you. This BK jacket has a different fit.
LOL...I thought we were talking about the ali express jacket:D No doubt about the Thedi...the zip version. I need to pull the trigger soon.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
ton312 said:
Oh man I'd love to see it. I had it in my cart all ready to go and then chickened out.

It really does look just like the photos on the shop links, with perhaps just a bit more colour to it, probably the side on photo below reflects the colour best.

I've tried to take a couple of shots on the self timer... Most of them came out like the first here so respect to those of you who do this well :)

bVEbT22.jpg

But there are a couple of ok ones.

BqPtrne.jpg

5Fw4KCQl.jpg

If it were a size bigger or at least bigger in the shoulders/chest I'd likely keep it but at is it I'll probably sell it on. I think the fit looks okay but I know from experience arm/sholuder snugness would bug me when driving and such. It will likely appear on eBay/in the classifieds in a while I feel.

5H9G7bN.jpg

OHMBghh.jpg

It really does look just like the photos on the shop links, with perhaps just a bit more colour to it, probably the side on photo below reflects the colour best.

I've tried to take a couple of shots on the self timer... Most of them came out like the first here so respect to those of you who do this well :)

bVEbT22.jpg

BqPtrne.jpg

5Fw4KCQl.jpg

If it were a size bigger or at least bigger in the shoulders/chest I'd likely keep it but at is it I'll probably sell it on. I think the fit looks okay but I know from experience arm/sholuder snugness would bug me when driving and such. It will likely appear on eBay/in the classifieds in a while I feel.

5H9G7bN.jpg

OHMBghh.jpg
I'll take it! PM me when you're ready

Reactions: A-1

bVEbT22.jpg

BqPtrne.jpg

5Fw4KCQl.jpg

5H9G7bN.jpg

OHMBghh.jpg

This really makes me wonder what the hell do we pay those extra thousands of dollars for when buying from certain other makers. $330 or $3300, Outstandingly nice jacket!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I remember Aero had a half-belt in butterscotch Badalassi, and while it looked beautiful, it was so heavy that I couldn't see myself wearing one - it wasn't really stiff, just really substantial, as if it was something you'd use to upholster car seats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe