Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best "hat movie" ever?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
This thread needs a bump. Gonna watch Mullholland Falls with Nick Nolte tonight. I love the hats worn at that time. :)

MulhollandFalls021.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Just finished watching "American Madness" from 1932 on TCM. Man, that is THE best hat movie I've ever seen. If you ever get a chance to watch it, you'll love it.

B

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Hey, Blackthorn .... have you noticed there's a new Butch Cassidy flik out with your name?

Sam Shepherd plays the old gunman in his last adventure and I'm afraid it's not getting wide enough release.

Sam

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I liked the 1955 Spencer Tracy movie, Bad Day at Black Rock.

Then there's The Sting, between the hats and the music, I really enjoyed it.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I don't have any screen grabs from it, but one of the best I've seen was The Secret Six (1931), with Wallace Beery, and a small part played by Jean Harlow. Number of hats per foot of film was very high.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Here is a still from American Madness. Just a taste of the hats.

B

american_madness.jpg

Seems the only dvd is part of the Premiere Frank Capra collection. Its a pricy set, but happens to be on sale at overstock.com today for $28. If you want some video from this movie search youtube for american madness. There are a few clips. Also, this "Friends Forever" clip gives the best idea of the hat-ness of this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrqgdOsjqG8

B

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I just finished watching Part 1 of the The Ken Burns documentary Prohibition. There are more types of hats and caps, and more styles within those types than I can remember seeing in anything else. Of course, being a Ken Burns documentary, it's also extremely well done.

bobm

A-List Customer
Robert Redford's 1865 drama - The Conspirator had plenty of fine hats, especially the one worn by the lead character - Kevin Macavoy.

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld