Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

DNO

One Too Many
12 degrees, wet and very windy...you sure knew it was Fall today! Some of the trees are changing colour already. It's a pretty awful evening for today's Nuit Blanche event here.

Last edited:

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
A miraculous Bears victory would be a pleasant surprise though. ;)

Sadly enough this post is from last year, but it rings true this year, too. I do not have hope for the Bears this year. Them winning a game at all is looking to be a miracle in and of itself.

Also, since this is the Autumnal thoughts thread, I thought I'd share an excerpt from a poem I wrote. These are just the first four lines, but the rest of it doesn't carry the same tempo without the end. The end, however, is a bit crude.

There's a crisp chill in the air,
Signalling that October is finally here.
A time for candy, spooks, and ghouls,
To scare away the witless fools.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Sadly enough this post is from last year, but it rings true this year, too. I do not have hope for the Bears this year. Them winning a game at all is looking to be a miracle in and of itself.

Certain QB and other personnel issues remain unresolved. After this season skulls will roll in the sawdust at Halas Hall.
Unfortunately team ownership will remain intact, a fact directly related to said condition. :(

Looks like the hot weather is a thing of the past. In the 70s for highs, so I am not complaining, but I know winter is just around the corner. I am OK with winter, as long as the snow keeps it to a dusting. Boy, I hate that white stuff. :doh:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I love this time of year, but, I wish the sun would stay up a bit longer, so I could get some yard work done.

Made it to high 80s this afternoon. I guess this past weekend was just a teaser.
Our temps were in the 90s at the end of last week, then dropped to the mid-70s with a little rain over the weekend. Today's high was 91°F here, and they're predicting 102°F for Friday and upper 90s for the upcoming weekend. I'm guessing it'll be another month or two before southern California sees anything that resembles autumn weather for more than a day or two. [huh]

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Our temps were in the 90s at the end of last week, then dropped to the mid-70s with a little rain over the weekend. Today's high was 91°F here, and they're predicting 102°F for Friday and upper 90s for the upcoming weekend. I'm guessing it'll be another month or two before southern California sees anything that resembles autumn weather for more than a day or two. [huh]

Hay Zombie, I found some secret footage of you car pooling to work there in Sunny California! :p [video=youtube;2lTidfA8aAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTidfA8aAc[/video]

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
We had us a whopper of a storm last night. Blasted through in four waves, three of those times with heavy hail. That said the weather has finally taken a turn for the cooler, and the rain, while unusual for this season is certainly welcome. For me the beginning of Autumn is a time of reflection, and also an awakening. Something stirs that reaches deep inside. For me too this is the time to read the Hobbit and the War of the Rings trilogy. There are other such rituals, especially the watching of noir and horror films!

97-98°F over the weekend, 94°F today, and supposed to drop to 84°F by Thursday with a slight chance of rain. Autumn weather is clearly in no hurry to visit southern California. :eek:hwell:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Usual weather for this time of year, low 80s one day, then 60s the next, then mid 70s, and low 80s.........

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
Autumn? What's Autumn?

We're getting that way here in West Texas as well. We had a few glorious overcast and cool days. We even experienced some of the thickest fog I've ever seen, barely 10 feet of visibility. And now we're back in the 80s. Just when I was starting to break out the cool weather gear and food.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I'm convinced our weather people keep lying to us just to keep our hopes up. It's always next weekend rain, or it'll be in the 80's, or a cold front will blow through. Nope.

:mmph:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld