Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
QHSMTc7_d0Bf.jpg

not the instagram post I was thinking of (dude had the grey one with an added front pinch), but the googles turned up this fella.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It would now be nice if I knew where to get a used one :p . I can't afford to pay for a $250 hat at the last shop in my area that still sells the discontinued hat.

Have you tried the factory outlets? I bought a Stetsonian for just over $100 and a New York LE for $170. I’d definitely try the outlets. Also, there are sellers on eBay who buy in bulk from the outlets and then resale them. I got another Stetsonian that way for about $140 plus shipping.

I’ll add my voice to the chorus that the Stetsonian is a great hat with wonderful proportions. I’ll also say that it doesn’t hold a candle to the New York LE as far as felt quality goes. The underwelt on the New York brim is also refreshing in a world of bound brims and lets it make the transition to casual wear easier than the Stetsonian. Now if they made a hat with the Stetsonian’s proportions and with the New York’s felt; that would be a hat to own! Can you hear me Hat-Co? MAKE US THAT HAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
Have you tried the factory outlets? I bought a Stetsonian for just over $100 and a New York LE for $170. I’d definitely try the outlets. Also, there are sellers on eBay who buy in bulk from the outlets and then resale them. I got another Stetsonian that way for about $140 plus shipping.

I’ll add my voice to the chorus that the Stetsonian is a great hat with wonderful proportions. I’ll also say that it doesn’t hold a candle to the New York LE as far as felt quality goes. The underwelt on the New York brim is also refreshing in a world of bound brims and lets it make the transition to casual wear easier than the Stetsonian. Now if they made a hat with the Stetsonian’s proportions and with the New York’s felt; that would be a hat to own! Can you hear me Hat-Co? MAKE US THAT HAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody's stocking the stetsonian on eBay. I'm calling the outlets asap..whats the New York LE?

Nobody's stocking the stetsonian on eBay. I'm calling the outlets asap..whats the New York LE?

The New York LE has a 5 1/2” crown so it’s shorter than the Stetsonian. It has a 2 5/8” underwelt brim. The best part is that it is 100% beaver and is as close to vintage felt as you’re going to find. Check out the Stetson catalog. I bought my first after Moon the Loon recommended it. I liked it so much I bought a second and I’m on the lookout for the third and rarest color. The felt is worlds apart from the Stetsonian, which I also like a lot.

Last edited:

RJR

My daughter just left having latched onto a "patriotic"pug I had.I don't remember where I got it;suggestions for red,white and blue or stars/stripes pugs?
Thanks.

psklenar

One of the Regulars
Sizing question ...

Per two separate tape measures that I used myself, I came up with 23 7/16", 23 9/16", 23 9/16", 60.2cm and 59.8cm. I went down to Delmonico's a month or so ago and they measured me at 60cm. So it seems to me I should be looking at sizes 7 1/2 or 60. Yet everything I tried on at that size at Delmonico's fell down around my head and just wobbled there, far too loose and uncomfortable.

However I have two Stetsons (both less than 10 years old) that fit very comfortably ... but are tagged as being size 7 3/8 (= 59?). And I have a Mayser that fits the same, but is tagged as a 58 (= 7 1/4?)!?

If I want to dip my toes in the Classifieds or the Bay ... what should I be going with? I figure if it's a Stetson, it makes sense to stick with the 7 38 since I have two at that size that fit so comfortably. But what about other brands/makers?

Any guidance? Thank you!
pat----

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sizing question ...

Per two separate tape measures that I used myself, I came up with 23 7/16", 23 9/16", 23 9/16", 60.2cm and 59.8cm. I went down to Delmonico's a month or so ago and they measured me at 60cm. So it seems to me I should be looking at sizes 7 1/2 or 60. Yet everything I tried on at that size at Delmonico's fell down around my head and just wobbled there, far too loose and uncomfortable.

However I have two Stetsons (both less than 10 years old) that fit very comfortably ... but are tagged as being size 7 3/8 (= 59?). And I have a Mayser that fits the same, but is tagged as a 58 (= 7 1/4?)!?

If I want to dip my toes in the Classifieds or the Bay ... what should I be going with? I figure if it's a Stetson, it makes sense to stick with the 7 38 since I have two at that size that fit so comfortably. But what about other brands/makers?

Any guidance? Thank you!
pat----
Take the Stetsons that fit very comfortably, ignore the manufacturer's sizing tag. Get a tape measure that's imperial on one side and metric on the other. Carefully measure the circumference of the sweatband inside the hat. Now you know the size that fits you best, both in metric and imperial. Hope that helps.

psklenar

One of the Regulars
Take the Stetsons that fit very comfortably, ignore the manufacturer's sizing tag. Get a tape measure that's imperial on one side and metric on the other. Carefully measure the circumference of the sweatband inside the hat. Now you know the size that fits you best, both in metric and imperial. Hope that helps.

Thank you. I'll give it a try, but measuring the inside of a circle with a floppy cloth tape measure strikes me as being ... challenging. :) Hmmm ... I wonder if I could use a metal tape measure ... the desire to straighten out should keep it against the sweat band all the way around, shouldn't it?

But either way, I *shall* give it my bet try! Thank you!
pat----

Thank you. I'll give it a try, but measuring the inside of a circle with a floppy cloth tape measure strikes me as being ... challenging. :) Hmmm ... I wonder if I could use a metal tape measure ... the desire to straighten out should keep it against the sweat band all the way around, shouldn't it?

pat----
Fabric stores, office supply stores, & probably even Home Depot/Lowes sell all kinds of ruler printed masking tape.

71gA7OzilWL._SL1362_.jpg

pat----

The shape is as important as the circumference. While you may be measuring one thing, it doesn't tell you how "oval" you are. Find a hat that fits you nicely and you think is comfortable. Measure the long part of the oval (front-to-back) and the short part (side-to-side). You may find you are a long oval or wide oval, which will affect the fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld