Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ascots

Marty M.

Vendor
Where's Lovey?

Spitfire, you just don't take a bad picture. The one of you with a fisherman's look, is one of my favorite pics from the lounge. You know I think that you're one of those rare guys that can wear an Ascot. And not have the Ascot wear you. Cheers.
Marty Mathis

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
Thanks Mike - when you say RAF ascot, do you mean one in the RAF colours?
I got one made in UK just a few weeks ago. Really nice.

I meant the blue and white polka dots. Can you post a picture of your new RAF ascot, I'd love to see it. :)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Here you go, Mike:

L1010311.jpg

Sorry 'bout the size of the picture - I was in a hurry.:rolleyes:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Marty M. said:
Spitfire, you just don't take a bad picture. The one of you with a fisherman's look, is one of my favorite pics from the lounge. You know I think that you're one of those rare guys that can wear an Ascot. And not have the Ascot wear you. Cheers.
Marty Mathis

Thanks Marty! Cheers mate.

Speedster

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Here you go, Mike:

L1010311.jpg

Sorry 'bout the size of the picture - I was in a hurry.:rolleyes:

Hey, that's nice. Do you have the internet address for this ascot? That would complete my RAF neckwear. My scarf for winter (the one you have already seen), my wool tie and then i just need an ascot for casual wear.

And i think i will pay Troelstrup a visit.

xlg_coat_building.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Speedster, that coatstore looks fab! If only they could do that sort of thing nowadays, though i fear the abundance of scoundrels in this day and age would mean they'd have a heck of a lot more stolen than they'd sell if they did that!

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Spifire, That new ascot is wonderful! Not only does it look nice, but I like like the idea of wearing the RAF colors to honor those courageous pilots of WW2. My mother remembers watching the dogfights in the sky during the Battle of Britain when she was 8 years old. My uncle was a mechanic with the RAF then became a Lancaster pilot during the war. So I've always had a place in my heart for the RAF, especially for the pilots that stopped Hilters invasion at the channel.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Mike, May I recommend the book by Patrick Bishop: "The Bomber boys." I have not got it yet myself - but I truely enjoyed his book, "The Fighter Boys" about Battle of britain. A very good read.:eusa_clap

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Patience, ol' chap. I'm waiting for them to arrive from UK.
We are talking one burgundy and one yellow/gold - both with paisley pattern. Silk - naturellement!;)

Edward

Bartender
Spitfire said:
and the othe one:
Ascots001.jpg

with the ol' horsehide A2.

:eek:fftopic:

I saw this somewhere else on the lounge - not sure if it was your jacket or another one, but curious about the placement of that whistle. Is that a personal thing, or was it a common sight on WW2 era A2s? Was it a distress whistle, or a talisman?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe