Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Jauntyone said:
Got a new hat last Saturday! I asked Art for a Whippet-like hat in granite color. I left dimensions and proportions up to his expert judgement. The fit of this hat is spectacular! It's unfortunate that it will be a few months before I can start wearing it:( . Well, actually, it stays fairly cool here well into June so I might be able to.

A fantastic hat; thanks Art!

Wonderful! Congrats to both you and Art.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap what a great open crown...I`d be interested to see the top to see the crown shape you created in the two hats you have... really bold of you!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Thanks, Daizawaguy. I change the bash each day according to my humor. At the end of the day, I pop them back out to an open crown. The felt that Art uses is realy supple and soft (but then you already know that:)).

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
I'm back on the waiting list for my third.:D I'm thinkin' about starting a crack habit to ween myself off of Arts hats.[huh]

What's it gonna be this time, Bart?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jauntyone said:
Thanks, Daizawaguy. I change the bash each day according to my humor.

Oh oh, I think I see a new thread coming...;) :rolleyes:

I just got notice from Bob that my special order Semi Calado stingy brim landed in the U.S. from Equador, and it will be with Art shortly. My second PB blocked by Art, and my sixth wait in suspence... (seems HandlebarBart and I always order at the same time!)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Jauntyone said:
Thanks, Daizawaguy. I change the bash each day according to my humor.

Oh oh, I think I see a new thread coming...;) :rolleyes:

I just got notice from Bob that my special order Semi Calado stingy brim landed in the U.S. from Equador, and it will be with Art shortly. My second PB blocked by Art, and my sixth wait in suspence... (seems HandlebarBart and I always order at the same time!)

lol It sure seems so. Can't wait to see your new one. You haven't had a lemon in the whole bunch

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
I was told my new one should ship on Monday. I really gave Art free reign and he chose Siverbelly as the main color. I will, of course, will post pics as soon as I have the hat.

JP

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Looking forward to it--congrats!

handlebar bart said:
I'm back on the waiting list for my third.:D I'm thinkin' about starting a crack habit to ween myself off of Arts hats.[huh]

I've got one in the works, too, but not a felt...

Jabos

A-List Customer
JPMcAdara said:
I was told my new one should ship on Monday. I really gave Art free reign and he chose Siverbelly as the main color. I will, of course, will post pics as soon as I have the hat.

JP
My first Art (and only to date-but not for long) is silverbelly. It is a great felt in person-the samples don't do it justice. I love that hat. Soft, thick, a great color.

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
Jabos said:
My first Art (and only to date-but not for long) is silverbelly. It is a great felt in person-the samples don't do it justice. I love that hat. Soft, thick, a great color.

I am glad to hear this. I was not completely sure on the color, but Art really said it would work with what I wear. I was thinking about the Granite color, but I did tell him I wanted something that was versatile, but that may be a bit different. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

JP

kaosharper1

One Too Many
JPMcAdara said:
I am glad to hear this. I was not completely sure on the color, but Art really said it would work with what I wear. I was thinking about the Granite color, but I did tell him I wanted something that was versatile, but that may be a bit different. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

JP

My first Art was also a silverbelly and it is very versatile. And in a warmer climate like Atlanta, or LA where I live, light colored hats just look right IMHO.

My second hat was granite, and its also versatile but feels more formal because it is darker. I can wear the silverbelly with an aloha shirt, or with kahkis or jeans and it looks fine. The granite hat, not so much.

Jabos

A-List Customer
I also agree that the Silverbelly can be dressed down or up. I have a thin ribbon and it can go either way in my opinion. Sort of a bi-dressual if you will. :eusa_doh: I grab it on warm afternoons over my darker hats. Please post pics when you get it!

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
It's Here

The hat arrived today and it is a beauty. I gave Art a bit of my background and what I was looking for. I told him that I wanted something that maybe was a bit out of the norm, but that would go with quite a bit. From there, I just let him do his thing. He was very patient with me and I really love my new hat. It is based off the Sportaire, but with a 2 and 1/2 inch brim (which I am still not sure if it is too big for me) and in the Silverbelly color. The ribbon is Navy Blue (which is great since I wear Navy, Black, and dark Brown quite a bit) and just looks stunning. Here are a couple of pics;

I just love this box. It is the details that really matter;
100_0625.jpg

Black Liner that is just very cool;
100_0628.jpg

And the hat. Check out that great ribbon;
100_0627.jpg

I am very pleased and I really was impressed with the professionalism of Art. He is such a great guy to work with and he really puts out a fantastic product. Thank you very much, Art!!

JP

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Black on red, brown on white and green on violet

That is a very fine ribbon treatment to add to the many interesting ones that Mister Fawcett has created.

I do wonder: Are those comparatively exotic ribbons more laborious or demanding of resources than a conventional bow?

I also like the black liner; I think that it complements grey felts, even very light ones, quite well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld