Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Love it, Che! That flat brim has really got me thinking. I've got the auto-conformer upstairs, and I can't wait to send it back Monday.

Awesome hat, once again.

Aaron

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
What a wonderful new acquisition, Che!

Since you're in the unique position of owning a VS Black Cherry of the LITE dye variety and a VS black and a VS chocolate, I wonder if you would oblige us with a few side-by-side frames whenever you find the time? :)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
As always great style, Che...
Tom, Thanks cant do it without Arts hard Work !

Chepstow, LMH2, B-Man, Aaron, I dig the good feedback

Jared your gonna love the VS Playboy & the lite felt is perfect for our climate

Rabbit, i will do so ! Been foggy lately & i wish i can get some Sun pics up !

Mike ! Miss you Man back to work less time here, Feel Good tooo.
Yea its my Best Hat you gotta feel this felt. Luxoury & lite.

Landman, More pics of your Killer BC Miss you tooo Amigo.

Art,
I went to a Blues show last nite & changed it last second for your Black-lite (Raining Hard) Man i got to stop treating these hats like there Delicate Which they are not,,,,Built to last & the Black Lite did its job well protecting me from the harsh rain....
232323232%7Ffp543%3C%3B%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3A92%3B46334%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:
Thanks Guys

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Rabbit, i will do so ! Been foggy lately & i wish i can get some Sun pics up !

I'm looking forward to it.

Don't be afraid of overcast skies for outdoor photography. The lower contrast permits colors to be rendered more accurately. I for one take all my hat pics in overcast conditions, preferably just a thin cloud cover all over the sky; it acts like a gigantic white umbrella, merely diffusing the light beneath rather than making the colors look dull.

TomS

One Too Many
Folks:
I'm curious, what is a *lite* felt? Is it a particular grade of felt?
Thanks,
Tom

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Tom, the lightweight bodies are thinner and lighter felt than the standard beaver ones.

It makes a very nice, vintage feeling hat that is great for warmer temps and looks very nice as well.

Folks:
I'm curious, what is a *lite* felt? Is it a particular grade of felt?
Thanks,
Tom

As others have stated, they are the featherweights, way lighter than dress weight felt hat bodies.
Winchester does special runs where they don't use as much beaver fur weighed out when they blow it onto the cone.
This makes for a very lightweight body that is a challenge to work with as the hatters can testify.
Closest thing I have seen & held to vintage Playboys, Strats, etc....

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Actually Lite-Felt(registered Trademark) is a water repellent treated wool felt. Lite in slang usually is lightweight.

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Just picked my first up from the post office today. I gave Art some specs but really didn't have a personal idea of what it would look like all together. Fell in love with it the moment I took it out of the box. I can't say anymore than everyone else has about the quality of Art's work, it is just fantastic. I will post pictures tomorrow when the sun is out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe