Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett Hat

randoman

New in Town
Hi Gang.....
I'm new here and have been lurking for a while. I need to ask a question. I saw a picture of an Art Fawcett hat called the Dusty Rose or something similar. I can't find it now and it's not on the web site. Can anyone help me? Does anyone have a picture and/or ordering info?[huh]

Many Thanks
Randoman

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Art Fawcett Hall of Fame thread is also linked in the important threads sticky at the top of the Hats forum.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
I feel your pain...

Randoman:

I feel your pain. I just ordered a long (?) forgotten Art Fawcett masterpiece called the Faulkner... a custom made for our own Bartender Alan C...

Despite all of my searching, I cannot find specifics regarding felt color, as well as ribbon specifics. Art, however, has been extraordinarily helpful. Contact him and let him know what you want, and he will make it happen!

Cheers,

RC (yet another Randy!)

AlanC

rcinlv said:
Randoman:

I feel your pain. I just ordered a long (?) forgotten Art Fawcett masterpiece called the Faulkner... a custom made for our own Bartender Alan C...

Despite all of my searching, I cannot find specifics regarding felt color, as well as ribbon specifics. Art, however, has been extraordinarily helpful.

You rang? :)

I hope it's not too long forgotten! I just got it last fall after all and wore it on Sunday (picture in the What Hat Are You Wearing Today thread).

The felt color is 'Mojave'. I can do any measurements of the hat you want. Just let me know. Here's the original thread.

You're the first person I'm aware of who has ordered the Faulkner--welcome to our exclusive club!

animator

One of the Regulars
The Faulkner is an exceptionallly nice looking hat. I wish Art had a picture of it on his website.

AlanC

Thanks! I'd have to agree. Art had mentioned possibly adding it to his Limited Editions line, but I don't know if it's made it to that status or not. Of course, anyone can order one. I'd like to see what different things people do with them. Fundamentally the Faulkner was conceived as a felt version of an optimo crowned Montecristi.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
Art mentioned that he intended to put the Faulkner in his limited editions, but had not updated the website in quite a while. I have to agree that the color mojave most closely matches the PB Optimo that I had Art reblock; now I must find a unique ribbon treatment... Perhaps Art will come up with something!

Cheers,

RC

Oh, and Alan- many thanks for the inspiration!!!

Duck

Practically Family
I have seen Alan's hat in person and all I can say is wow!!! You will have no regrets ordering one of these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld