Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another visit to Art's place

jeff

One of the Regulars
What a great series of pictures! Thanks Fedoralover.

I'm now incredibly curious what the names of the colors are for each hat. Just for fun, I tried guessing based off comparisons with the pics on http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com

Art, can you confirm/deny/fill in the blanks?

thanks!

colors1.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tango Yankee said:
My chance is coming up... in a month and a couple of days! Lucky for me, Art's place isn't that far from Medford, where I'm heading to visit my Godson and his family. :D I'm looking forward to it... seeing my buddy, spending time with him and his boys (including my Godson) fishing on the Rogue River, and a trip out to meet Art. I can't think of a better way to spend 10 days!

So you can install the Artcam when he's not looking then?

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Nice set up you got there Art. Hope the Microwave's for your lunch and you aren't going to nuke my new hat. lol
I've put in my order for a new hat for Christmas, you guys better get yours in or you won't get your hats till Valentines day.
Bob

fatwoul

Practically Family
LEUII said:
I wish I wasn't on the opposite end of the county. I'd love to just sit and watch him for a while.

I'm sure if geography allowed, Art would have a little row of FLers sitting along one side of his workshop, just quietly watching him all day. Every day.

Come to think of it, if those FLers painted their heads with varnish, Art might not even notice them:

fedoralover said:

lol

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Here's a closer shot of the display case.

Art, I thought I'd get my money back on the lunch by selling some of those "trade secrets" you showed me to another hatter who obviously needs the help by the looks of the hat I saw.

IMG_20060616_0001_2.jpg

fedoralover

fatwoul

Practically Family
fedoralover said:

Second row, second hat in. The camel-ish one with the incredibly wide brown band. I like that one. That's my favourite on those shelves. How wide is that ribbon? it must be 2 inches at least.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I have another AF VS hat on order but I....that deep rust number with the green hatband is really growing on me. So is the baby blue with the violet hatband. And the...

I think I'm going to stay away from this thread. :D

Have a nice Sunday. I'm going to watch Spencer Tracy bake his hat in Desk Set.

buler

I'll Lock Up
This is a thread that deserves a bump up. Fedoralover, did you ever post more pictures that you took that day? If you did, could you point us to that thread? If not, it would be so great to see more of the pictures.

thanks
B

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
This is a thread that deserves a bump up. Fedoralover, did you ever post more pictures that you took that day? If you did, could you point us to that thread? If not, it would be so great to see more of the pictures.

thanks
B

I can't really remember, that post was in 07, I can hardly remember last week. But if they aren't in this original thread, then probably not as that's where I would have put them. But I'm going down to Art's place again, hopefully in April and I'll be taking my camera for sure. And I plan on treating Art to lunch again so he'll indulge my pesky camera for more shots.

fedoralover

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
Many thanks for resurrecting this post. I didn't even know it was in here, great story and photo's. Glad it was re-posted although........ I am mildly disturbed about Arts posting about having to wear clothes. I don't even want to think about where my hat sat when he was sewing the sweatband in place.

I have to go wash my hair now. :eeek::eusa_clap

Cliff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe