Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another visit to Art's place

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
We know, and Art knows, we're only half serious about that web cam. But, just so there's no mistake, let's allow Art to have a secret or two. That's what keeps him in business! :)

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScionPI2005 said:
Might want to ask Art what he thinks about that...but then again, that type of decision shouldn't be left up to him anyway! lol :eusa_clap

If we ask him then he'll be self-conscious about it. We want to capture Art in his natural habitat.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW...

Thanks for the post Fedoralover,

OK Gents, right off the top, NO ARTCAM...that would mean I'd have to wear clothing at all times and that's a deal killer.:rolleyes:

If we ask him then he'll be self-conscious about it. We want to capture Art in his natural habitat.

Thus , no Artcam...:D (what a pitiful mental picture)

It'll be just like the National Geographic cam at the African watering hole.

Thanks for not picturing the fully stocked bar in the corner Fedoralover...some things are sacred..

If I had seen this photo months ago I would not have experienced the immense frustration I did when I was attempting to put a sweatband in a hat mod for a friend. So THAT"S how you do it! Ignorance, literally, hurts.

This is just basting it in for straightness Dean. Rich took enough pics from start to finish for a full tutorial on making and sewing in a sweatband. With enough guys here trying to do their own work, I thought it might be useful, but lets give Fedoralover time to put that together. Alot of questions should be answered with it.

BTW...this trip cost Fedoralover BIG TIME!!! He had to buy lunch at the world famous "Butte Falls Cafe"

Thanks again Rich

surely

A-List Customer
Now Art, you know cigs are not good for your health, although you do look fit.
Nice shop! What did you say thats growing on all them acres? :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
This is GREAT STUFF!

Art, What is the hat in the middle of the 2nd row down from the top in the display case (1st photo in thread)?
I see what you meant about a light blue hat the last time we spoke. :eusa_clap

Originally posted by surely
Now Art, you know cigs are not good for your health

That's why he should use his cigarette case. Oops, Marlboros are too long.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
What did you say thats growing on all them acres

Some things are best left unspoken Surely...:D

that is a model that hasn't made it to the site Carter, Steel with 1" black ribbon, raw edged. I'm afraid I have loads of designs that I just don't have the time to post. The hat you are referring to is "ultra-conservative"

RBH

Bartender
After looking at the photos again, all I can say is ...
A great hatter and even a greater man.
I think all can attest here that Art is always so helpful with answers..even if it means he misses out on a hat sale.
Thanks again for the photos, most of us will never get the chance to visit a place like Arts.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great pics of Art in work mode. Glad to see someone else besides myself still smokes.;)

EricH

One of the Regulars
Yeah, but the question remains. Did he always smoke or have we at the Lounge driven him to smoking and other vices? :rolleyes:

Besides everyone knows that the smell of cigarette smoke keeps moths at bay.

Eric

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Glad to see someone else besides myself still smokes

Other than hat's this is my only vice left Douglas. I don't drink much anymore, the wife frowns on my chasing other ladies, haven't gambled since my last marriage, what's left?

Besides everyone knows that the smell of cigarette smoke keeps moths at bay.

shhhh...that's the secret reason Eric..don't let everyone know or the'll ALL start smoking to protect their hat investment.:D

DOUGLAS said:
Great pics of Art in work mode. Glad to see someone else besides myself still smokes.;)

Yeah, I really enjoyed smoking, too, and I figured, after nearly four decades of heavy tobacco use, that I'd never give it up. But, without going into detail, know that I was confronted with a darned good reason to quit. So I did, almost a year ago now. Dropped it like a bad habit -- no nicotine replacement, no hypnosis, nothing like that at all. Just plain quit.
I really hope that the remaining smokers among us never get hit with any of the diseases associated with tobacco, but (sad to say), the evidence is that they will pay a hard price, more than likely, at some point.
Should you consider quitting, well, I can tell you from firsthand experience that it isn't as tough as some people make it out to be. The initial withdrawal symptoms aren't exactly pleasant, but they aren't painful, either. It's far from the worst experience you'll ever have. STAYING quit, on the other hand, can be a challenge, even for someone with as strong an incentive as mine to never smoke again. I catch a whiff of a burning cigarette on the breeze and I find myself reaching for my shirt pocket.
The real drag of being off cigarettes is that I found them to be a great brain tonic. They sharpened me up a bit. They made certain mental tasks a bit easier.
I still think that cigarettes have a lot to recommend them. Too bad they're so deadly. Should they ever make a safe one, I'll be the first to buy it.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fedoralover said:
You mean like this? I believe Art now offers hats in 2 different weights and I think he said over 20 colors. Correct me Art if that's incorrect.

IMG_20060616_0001_1.jpg

fedoralover
Oh man, I like the olive colored ones! That's my favorite color,I never thought of it on a hat!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
Great to see where my great hats were born... :)

I definitely can agree with that. I saw those pics this morning and thought, "So that's where it all happens..." Then I donned my VS Featherweight and strode off to class. It makes you admire Art's skill, and the proud sample that you own even more.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
Thanks again for the photos, most of us will never get the chance to visit a place like Arts.

My chance is coming up... in a month and a couple of days! Lucky for me, Art's place isn't that far from Medford, where I'm heading to visit my Godson and his family. :D I'm looking forward to it... seeing my buddy, spending time with him and his boys (including my Godson) fishing on the Rogue River, and a trip out to meet Art. I can't think of a better way to spend 10 days!

Cheers,
Tom

(And the beer you can get out there is so much better than here!)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe