Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMAZING Vintage Photos of Fedoras

rclark

Call Me a Cab
There is a really cool Facebook page titled "Traces of Texas" that features old photos of various people and things. It always seems to post photos of people wearing really cool hats.

Here are a couple of recent photo posts that were taken in 1939 per the Facebook posts:

Willybob

A-List Customer
The story I heard about the Roosevelt Muir photo was that the photographer had Roosevelt wear the hat he has on because it was in better shape that his favorite flop hat which he is holding in his left hand behind his back. It may have seen batter days on San Juan Hill.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
There is a really cool Facebook page titled "Traces of Texas" that features old photos of various people and things. It always seems to post photos of people wearing really cool hats.

Here are a couple of recent photo posts that were taken in 1939 per the Facebook posts:

]

Time passes, classic styles, sans hair, live on!

i-7m2dFKf-M.jpg

Eric -

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
If you commune & worship out in nature remember to offer a toast in memory of this man, John Muir, early advocate of its preservation, American naturalist, environmental philosopher & author of same.
Thank you for posting Jack. I've been a big Ansel Adams fan for many years, and I remember his mentions of Muir on several occasions. I don't recall ever seeing a photo of him :)

Thank you for posting Jack. I've been a big Ansel Adams fan for many years, and I remember his mentions of Muir on several occasions. I don't recall ever seeing a photo of him :)
Besides Ansel Adams I really like Edward S. Curtis & his photographic documentation of the Navajo in the American Southwest. I have 2 or 3 coffee table books of his work & some Adams prints. I'm really glad that men such as Adams, Curtis, Muir, Seth Bullock & their work had great influence on important people of the time such as Teddy Roosevelt.

Here is Edward Curtis taken a 3 different stages of his life:

33kax55.jpg

2643nzc.jpg

15hkdfk.jpg

Great variety! Notice the shorter brim + taller crown Homburg like hats. Very similar to some of the Janyška hats from recent Czech find. Also really fantastic gray (I assume) Velour on the right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe