Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

I want to thank you all, for the good words.
I don't come on to the thread all that often, to make remarks. But I see a few new faces/names of people; and I thank you all for the likes, and comments too. I have been using Instagram as a way to easily post my work. And what I like about that social medium, is the ease and freedom in using it .
And it is not time consuming.

Something I love to do is capture my "handcrafting" I enjoy showing detailed photos in segments of my process. Not many hatters do this.

Later I'll be posting 1Mach1, which is a hat I'm finishing up for Harvey.

But in these photos, you'll see my process, you see my hand work, and even if you do not own my work, the pictures tell a story about a guy who builds with "no machine" eccept for closing a loop prior to binding it to a brim. That is the only machine work.

Nobody really documents up so close and shares so much, but that isn't a bother to me, because it isn't something anyone is going to take from me in any short explanation or photo, it isnt any trade secret. This work, it takes time to master. And I do not consider myself a master, just a guy who can make an exceptional product by hand as good as the Masters who have all the bells and whistles in the perfect shop enviroment. I don't have that, but my product is right there. And I love nothing more, than to see people like and enjoy, what I share on IG.

Follow along if so inclined at #alleykathatco

Happy holidays to everyone.

Tim

Tim has been working on a recreation of my Stetson Bantam.

Silvermist beaver, 1" charcoal crown ribbon, tonal brim binding, and 2 5/8" brim.

More to come....

Thanks Tim!

661f1639fd5a3e14d9533147cbeac0ee.jpg
83096d2412e900ea84470ab20494f5ad.jpg
671d3f1dddf22c1c96717ff697ac00f4.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Harv, that is one razor sharp Fedora....wow! I am still waiting for my first custom made for myself from Esther...it should arrive fairly soon...a few days I hope...and of course I have one on Tim's work bench yet for Daniel. I originally was going to have Tim make a hat I would coin the name, Sally Port...but no...I had to change it somewhat. NO Sally Port. Tim was willing to make it....but Daniel would have just looked at the hat and liked how it looked without actually wearing it...long story short, Daniel is not going to wear a hat with a curled up brim! I have no idea why he does no like how they look...but you have to like a hat to wear it and like how you look while wearing it. That really is what hats are all about. But I can tell you this much...my sally port idea would be a hat unlike anything any hatter has made so far. Well at least for hatters here and perhaps any hatter since around the Civil War. Now the amazing thing is, Tim could have made it with ease.

Daniel will love the hat Tim is working on now. That is all what matters. I am thankful Tim could change directions on the hat as it was not too far along to do that for my order. Just in case some do not realize, Tim had someone order a hat or so to be made and after Tim busted his "..." making and changing it around the customer left Tim holding the bag so to speak...and did not have Tim send it to him...so he had to EAT the cost. I am so sad about that...yes I know I should have kept my mouth shut, but hey, we are all like family here...Tim is most sure considered family as far as we are concerned...it was a sad thing that anyone would do something like that...but it happens. Hat making is Tim's vocation...his income...his job...how he pays the bills.....and to get "stiffed" is a costly thing. OH well...live and learn.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Harv, that is one razor sharp Fedora....wow! I am still waiting for my first custom made for myself from Esther...it should arrive fairly soon...a few days I hope...and of course I have one on Tim's work bench yet for Daniel. I originally was going to have Tim make a hat I would coin the name, Sally Port...but no...I had to change it somewhat. NO Sally Port. Tim was willing to make it....but Daniel would have just looked at the hat and liked how it looked without actually wearing it...long story short, Daniel is not going to wear a hat with a curled up brim! I have no idea why he does no like how they look...but you have to like a hat to wear it and like how you look while wearing it. That really is what hats are all about. But I can tell you this much...my sally port idea would be a hat unlike anything any hatter has made so far. Well at least for hatters here and perhaps any hatter since around the Civil War. Now the amazing thing is, Tim could have made it with ease.

Daniel will love the hat Tim is working on now. That is all what matters. I am thankful Tim could change directions on the hat as it was not too far along to do that for my order. Just in case some do not realize, Tim had someone order a hat or so to be made and after Tim busted his "..." making and changing it around the customer left Tim holding the bag so to speak...and did not have Tim send it to him...so he had to EAT the cost. I am so sad about that...yes I know I should have kept my mouth shut, but hey, we are all like family here...Tim is most sure considered family as far as we are concerned...it was a sad thing that anyone would do something like that...but it happens. Hat making is Tim's vocation...his income...his job...how he pays the bills.....and to get "stiffed" is a costly thing. OH well...live and learn.
Hey Cindy, you got a unusual design idea...? That Daniel doesnt care for? Send me a PM and let me know what's cooking in yer brain. I'm open to your thoughts...

RJR

I believe I read here or on IG that someone else jumped right on that hat.

I believe I read here or on IG that someone else jumped right on that hat.
Bob I decided to give it to Kurt aka bolthead. He has been a help to me and is a good friend. However......Kurt came to see me to take some pictures for Harvey. He knows my girl Lisa loved the hat. The hat found its way back home. Lisa will wear it tomorrow with her Roger Dalrtey fringe coat.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob I decided to give it to Kurt aka bolthead. He has been a help to me and is a good friend. However......Kurt came to see me to take some pictures for Harvey. He knows my girl Lisa loved the hat. The hat found its way back home. Lisa will wear it tomorrow with her Roger Dalrtey fringe coat.
Sounds like a perfect design to meet a fringe coat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82