Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers Roadster Planning

Plumbline

One Too Many
Interesting news Sloanie ..

Does the trial relate to the "storse" issue ... or the alleged theft of jackets and jeans which were on display in a former Aero employees front room ( I know because I saw the shelves and coat rails which had been specially made to display them in 2007 as I was delivering a Highwayman for modification ... my sister lives in Langholm and the factory was shut ).

Here in the states it seems that both would fall under deceptive practices and considered damages..although that would be for a civil case. If all that merchandise was on display at the former General Manager of Aero's home as witnessed..and steer sent out to customers instead of FQHH..how could anyone support a new venture jacket company set up by that person solely criminally accused..?? I think that's what many still just cannot understand and ever completely trust.
HD

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Fair point, PL. I'm not quite sure where the storse slots in, whether it's the trial relating to alleged theft of Aero gear, or any civil case that may or may not follow. However, I would caution against any further discussion of any potential details relating to the case.

Must be quite a difference between Britain & the US concerning legal court matters vs the general public opinions. Supposedly the accused here are innocent until proven guilty..but outside of the court system citizens here can discuss the matter practically however they want in public it most usually seems.
HD

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Contempt of court in the UK is very strict. It means that the discussion of details of a case or voicing opinions about the guilt or otherwise of the accused could be seen as potentially prejudicing a jury. Basically, ahead of a trial, all that can be safely reported are details of any charges. During thd case, evidence can be reported but no comment passed on it. After the verdict is in, tho, all restrictions are liifted.

Edward

Bartender
It's far from perfect, but it does save spending a fortune on sequestering juries, plus it takes account of pre-trial reportage. Therd are certainly elements of the press that neex to be stamped on, and hard, for their abuses of free expression which sorely undermined others' right to a fair trial, not least Christopher Jeffries, for instance.

Plumbline

One Too Many
How could anyone support a new venture jacket company set up by that person solely criminally accused..?? I think that's what many still just cannot understand and ever completely trust.
HD

Most of the employees did HD, and most for less money if my facts are right ... go figure, there's nowt as queer as folk :)

With regard to Storse, I suspect the defence would be that a more senior executive had been informed and had given the instruction to proceed .... but then we will see.

Regards the alledged stolen property ... I and many others were aware of said individuals personal collection of vintage denim jeans, leather jackets and related insignia. I know he didn't make a secret of it, many Aero employees were also aware of it, he'd been collecting it for 25 years or more ..... I imagine JC, Stu and various others have similar collections. Derek at Lewis has one of the most extensive M/C jacket collections I have ever seen ( for example) possibly one of the largest in the world. It appears to go with the teritory.

Thinga are often more decieving than they appear. In any case, never enter into the affairs of jacket makers ... it's a tangled web of nastiness the likes of which I have no comparison ... and I work in the Oil Industry.

In any case ... the truth will out, or at least the law will be served.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
This thread is straying into dangerous territory; time enough to discuss evidence after proceedings are no longer active.

zebedee

One Too Many
Be great to see pics of it- I've been thinking about a Teamster in battered tan, but I think oil-pull might be a better option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe